DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP902

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2018 19:21 #1 by dgarratt
AP902 was created by dgarratt
I have 2 AP902's setup with my 2960 and configured for central management. Try as I might I just cannot get them to remember updated device names. They let me change the name, either directly on the AP or via central management console but they always seem to appear using their old names.

Also on one of the screens which shows the status/overview of the 2 AP's the number of clients connected via 5ghz always appears as 0 when I know that's wrong.

Both AP's were installed from new and upgraded immediately to the latest firmware. So has the router.

Has anyone else seen any of these quirks in the AP 902's ?

Apart from that I'm very pleased with their performance.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2018 09:30 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP902
I changed the name on my AP902 in "System Maintenance" - "Name" and have no problems with it "sticking". I don't use central management though.

I do have massive problems with 5GHz and iOS devices, such that I have given up and turned off 5GHz on the AP902*. Works fine on my 2925ac though :?

* I thought I had this fixed by disabling the EAPOL key retry but the problem returned, even though nothing had changed :roll:

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
15 Sep 2018 11:53 #3 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: AP902
I have a lot of Apple kit - what problems are you having ?

More
16 Sep 2018 11:47 #4 by piste basher
iOS devices appear to connect to the AP902 on 5GHz but then suffer various problems such as not being able to "see" the internal network and/or having greatly reduced or non-existent internet download speeds. Sometimes the dreaded "incorrect password" message will appear. Switching off 5GHz and letting them connect on 2.4GHz resolves the issues straight away. All settings and SSIds are identical, but 5Ghz just fails in these odd ways. As I say, I have no problems with the same iOS devices connecting to 5GHz on my 2925ac, although other posters here have reported router connection problems as well. It's bizarre.

At support's suggestion I turned the EAPOL key retry to "off" and that seemed to cure the problem for a while, but then it returned. Baffling, frustrating and downright annoying.

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
16 Sep 2018 11:50 #5 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: AP902
There is a setting which separates 2.4ghz from 5ghz networks which is on by default. I had to turn that off. Also for me the SSID for 2.4 is different to 5ghz in case that is relevant ?

More
16 Sep 2018 12:00 #6 by piste basher
I've always had the two bands not isolated. I haven't tried it with different SSIDs because I have band steering turned on. I should also have mentioned that I'm using 802.1x on my primary SSID and a Surface Pro 4 wouldn't connect to that at all on 5GHz, although it does on 2.4GHz.