DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP902

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2018 10:07 #7 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: AP902
Just tried the latest 1.2.6 firmware but had all kinds of weird freezing and network problems. Reverted to 1.2.5 and all is working again.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2018 14:55 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP902
It's bizarre that the latest firmware seems to be more concerned with which time server is used by the device rather than to try and fix all the wifi problems that have been reported on here :roll:

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2018 15:06 #9 by dgarratt
I agree - thats what the notes say - but for me it seems like the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands had been isolated even though the setting was correct to allow them to communicate.

More
05 Nov 2018 11:50 #10 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: AP902
If you're seeing issues with the firmware releases, please report those to the support team - it's not possible to provide direct support on this forum. It's a shame that you're seeing problems with this new release firmware though.

What kind of freezing occurred? Was that caused by the isolation between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands?

Forum Administrator

More
06 Nov 2018 21:53 #11 by clivers
Replied by clivers on topic Re: AP902
I fired up a 902 the other day and had non existent speeds. I'm not sure exactly what sorted it out, but i think i was the country code UK needs to be entered into the box on each band.
https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-wlan/wlan.wireless-lan/what-can-i-do-if-i-get-conflicting-country-codes-message-after-running-wireless-diagnostics/ shows where to enter it.

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2018 10:53 #12 by dgarratt

admin3 wrote: If you're seeing issues with the firmware releases, please report those to the support team - it's not possible to provide direct support on this forum. It's a shame that you're seeing problems with this new release firmware though.

What kind of freezing occurred? Was that caused by the isolation between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands?

It appeared to be that - although the web interface was also slow. I did a factory reset and reverted to older firmware