Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues

• klemm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Feb 2020 12:37 #1 by klemm
My draytek is still plagued with WiFi issues.

The most common symptom is it will disconnect all 5ghz clients and won't let them back on until the router is rebooted. They can all see the network but cannot authenticate. Apart from that some devices (mostly apple) struggle to maintain an active 5ghz connection.

I was hopping the latest firmware 3.9.2_BT would improve but if anything its worse.

I have raised two support tickets but these are just ignored hopping I will go away. I will never buy or recommend another draytek or combined product again. I'm moving to ubiquity separates and won't be looking back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
19 Feb 2020 17:30 #2 by johnpa7
Replied by johnpa7 on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues
I am having the an issue, I can connect to 5G on 2862AC after a time disconnect and when I tray to reconnect get the following messgae "incorrect password" I then have to reboot.

• klemm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Feb 2020 20:08 #3 by klemm
Replied by klemm on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues
Sounds like the same issue, support are back in touch I will post the outcome when I return from my holiday.

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
21 Feb 2020 10:08 #4 by johnpa7
Hi yesterday I ran the wizard, just to check if any entries were corrupt. Everything was Ok. At the end clicked Finish. Have now had a stable connection for 24Hrs, previously lucky if I got 8Hrs. Shall monitor and report back. Might be worth a try

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
21 Feb 2020 10:09 #5 by johnpa7
Hi yesterday I ran the wizard, just to check if any entries were corrupt. Everything was Ok. At the end clicked Finish. Have now had a stable connection for 24Hrs, previously lucky if I got 8Hrs. Shall monitor and report back. Might be worth a try.

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
21 Feb 2020 16:14 #6 by johnpa7
Forget the last comment, after some 30 hours back to dropping 5Ghz connection, then can't connect get "incorrect password". I am at a loss as to the problem.