DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues

More
12 Oct 2021 22:49 #19 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues
I don't have a 2862, but a 2762, and I also have problems with WiFi, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I've found that re-assigning channels help, without the need to restart the router. However, this seems to work if channels are far apart, for example 36 and 50, 1 and 10. I really don't know what's causing this issue but it's annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• black coral
  • User
  • User
More
15 Oct 2021 10:45 #20 by black coral
Replied by black coral on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues
I have spent way too long looking at these WiFi issues over the past months.

I've disabled 5G, blocked out DFS channels, set channels both statically and dynamically, disabled band steering, disabled 5G etc.. and the issues are still present.

I've had Daryteks for years and this is a new problem that I'm convinced it's a bug in the software and I'm honestly at the stage of ripping out Drayteks and replacing them with a competitor.

I also know businesses with Drayteks that are affected by the same issues. The businesses have replaced their Drayteks due to the problems which appear to be insurmountable.

If anyone from Draytek is listening to these forums the WiFI issues need resolving ASAP or Draytek risks losing long time advocates.

More
08 Feb 2022 14:52 #21 by edinburgh
While looking for DSL chipsets that Draytek routers use, I noticed that the manufacturer of WiFi on some is MediaTek. (Here's, for example, a tech wiki for 2865: http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/DrayTek_Vigor_2865Vac)?

I know MediaTek doesn't have a good reputation for its DSL chipsets and it caters for the low end of the market. So, would our WiFi issues be due to inferior MediaTek chipsets? If that's is true, then I'd find it shocking.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
08 Feb 2022 16:29 #22 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues

edinburgh wrote:
While looking for DSL chipsets that Draytek routers use, I noticed that the manufacturer of WiFi on some is MediaTek.

Vigor AP903 uses the same MT7615. Vigor AP802 also uses Mediatek. (This info just from the boot logs)

I know MediaTek doesn't have a good reputation for its DSL chipsets and it caters for the low end of the market.

But says who? ... and with what authority?

Citation required :)

More
08 Feb 2022 19:40 #23 by edinburgh

hornbyp wrote:

edinburgh wrote:
While looking for DSL chipsets that Draytek routers use, I noticed that the manufacturer of WiFi on some is MediaTek.

Vigor AP903 uses the same MT7615. Vigor AP802 also uses Mediatek. (This info just from the boot logs)

I know MediaTek doesn't have a good reputation for its DSL chipsets and it caters for the low end of the market.

But says who? ... and with what authority?

Citation required :)

(Onthegrapevine 2022) :)

Indeed, it's just tell tales.