DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues

More
22 Feb 2020 11:26 #7 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues
To be clear, if you stick to 2.4Ghz, it's fine ?

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
22 Feb 2020 14:18 #8 by johnpa7
Replied by johnpa7 on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues
Yes 2.4Ghz is stable and no problem.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
22 Feb 2020 15:48 #9 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues

johnpa7 wrote:
Yes 2.4Ghz is stable and no problem.

So could this be a "Radar detected" problem?

One of the issues I had setting up an AP903/802 combo , was "Radar". Unlike (say) the Fritz!box 7530, there's no indication in the GUI that this is happening - only in Syslog...

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
22 Feb 2020 16:14 #10 by johnpa7
Thanks for the suggestion, searched through logs for radar nothing found. I take it the report contains the word radar.

I disabled WiFi on the 2862AC and put an AP903 in the same location as the 2862AC. AP903 operates flawlessly.

Channel is 36 Draytek tech support remoted in checked the channels and set to 36, on the 2862AC and the AP903. My understanding is it was preferable to have 5 channels separation. AP discovery you can't see the AP, so I guess it's Ok to have them on the same channel.

I'm in the UK

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
24 Feb 2020 02:55 #11 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2862Lac WIFI still dogged with issues
From memory, I think the 'radar' channels start @ 50, so anything below that doesn't have to be checked...

The symptom you are describing - being kicked off and then not being allowed back on - is very similar to what happens when the 903/802 'mesh-based' roaming handover goes wrong. From Syslog, you can see that once nodes have agreed between themselves that it would be advantageous for a client to roam, it is dropped and temporarily added to the blocklist to make sure it doesn't come back. Manual efforts to thwart this, result in 'forbidden' error messages in Android 10 wifi - maybe different in other clients.

I don't know if your problem is related to this - but observing Syslog with maximum logging turned on, might shed more light on it.

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
24 Feb 2020 09:34 #12 by johnpa7
Hi have looked at syslog can’t see any thing untoward. I am using 3 AP an 910C, 903, and 902.
All are wired, set as AP mode. Normally would use the 2862, 910C and 903. For the moment. Have put the 902 back in service. Disabled the WiFi on 2862, put the 903 next to the 2862, at the top of the rack where the 2862 antennas are mounted.
Not giving up will wait to see what support come back with.
I am close to an airport about 5 miles away.
The dropping out of WiFi only became a problem after last firmware upgrade. I even tried the international version, exactly the same problem.