DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New AP-903 x 2 Mesh user

More
24 Jul 2020 18:22 #13 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: New AP-903 x 2 Mesh user
I've just tried using the Draytek utility on a Windows 10 PC. The exe file runs and displays the window, but as soon as I touch the mouse (or maybe even before I touch it!) it disappears. :roll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jul 2020 00:22 #14 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: New AP-903 x 2 Mesh user

Piste Basher wrote:
I've just tried using the Draytek utility on a Windows 10 PC.

Which one :?:

More
25 Jul 2020 08:26 #15 by piste basher
The Windows one downloaded from this page https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-draytek-syslog

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jul 2020 18:49 #16 by hornbyp
Odd - I just copied it to a fairly pristine Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine and ran it - the main window opened, but was overwritten by a Windows Firewall dialogue. On dismissing the dialogue, SyslogRD (to give it its proper name) worked as expected.

You could try "Run as Administrator" and see if that helps?

More
26 Jul 2020 13:51 #17 by piste basher
I'd already tried that. I've now run it on another Win 10 machine and it runs without "disappearing", but I don't seem to be able to choose or enter anything in the "LAN" boxes, they just remain greyed out. Guess I haven't figured out how to use it properly :?:

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jul 2020 15:01 #18 by hornbyp

Piste Basher wrote:
Guess I haven't figured out how to use it properly :?:

Syslog clients just catch data arriving via UDP port 514 and display and/or store it. Draytek's knows about their products and so is able to separate it out into tabs (Firewall/VPN/Mesh etc). Unless you want to make use of its database storage, or its Telnet query facility, there's nothing to do, except observe the output :D
(The "LAN information" box should populate, when it hears its first packet. The "WAN Information" always defaults to showing WAN1, which is not always appropriate).

One usage tip, is to collapse some of the columns, to get a bit more useful information displayed (you don't need "System Time" as well as "Router Time" and the "Host" column is superfluous).