DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New AP-903 x 2 Mesh user

More
27 Jul 2020 12:16 #19 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: New AP-903 x 2 Mesh user
Working today (on the second PC). Don't know why it wasn't yesterday.

Firstly, looking at my Mesh root AP903 - under the Mesh Column I have a large number of these messages : [dmn] Internal Error : Invalid system command!
Nothing under the Roaming column.

Looking at two of the nodes (one wired and one wireless) I get no messages under Mesh but lots under Roaming

The Third node (wired) reports nothing under either Mesh or Roaming

What does it all mean? :lol:

Edit - thinking that the "Invalid System Command" might have something to do with Central AP management (which I don't use) I unticked the box for that (it seemed to be ticked by default). That knocked the mesh root offline and I had to power it down and back up again to get it back.....and the Invalid command is still there, but I now have messages under the Roaming column :roll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jul 2020 13:12 #20 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: New AP-903 x 2 Mesh user

Piste Basher wrote:
Firstly, looking at my Mesh root AP903 - under the Mesh Column I have a large number of these messages : [dmn] Internal Error : Invalid system command!

Yeah - I have those ... they appeared with a recent firmware 'upgrade' :roll:

Don't forget, you can alter the 'log level' ("System Maintenance >> Syslog / Mail Alert Setup : Log Level")

Just poking around mine, I found it was "Mesh Root", but supposedly, not in Mesh mode (still "AP" from recent experiment, despite restoring config. backup :!: ) - it was actually working as "Mesh Root".

This morning's SYSLOG (the AP903 auto-reboots @ 6am), contains an "Oops" message and stack dump, from a 'TR-069 problem').

It'll all be fixed in V2.0.0 :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.