DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP902 Rebooting - Web Interface

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2020 22:42 #1 by dgarratt
AP902 Rebooting - Web Interface was created by dgarratt
I have version 1.3.2 of the firmware installed on 3 AP902's.

I've noted that accessing the web interface or just some pages like the system log cause the unit to reboot.

I've done a factory reset, re-flashed the firmware and manually re-entered the config but it has not helped. Its seems to become worse the longer the unit is running - but about 5 days seems to be the point at which it becomes unstable.

Any ideas ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2020 13:12 #2 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: AP902 Rebooting - Web Interface
I'm sure this is a firmware issue but I cannot get any acknowledgement from Draytek who continue to say their unit is fine. I''ve done multiple resets with TFTP and .rst files without any improvement. The reboots are mostly triggered when I try to access the AP's admin web page.

Just before the last reboot I managed to get a screen dump - and then again after the reboot. You can see the differences clearly.

Before
https://pasteboard.co/JiFLGhx.gif

After
https://pasteboard.co/JiFLV1h.gif

Without any fix from Draytek I'm just going to have to purchase replacements from another manufacturer. Suggestions welcome.

More
21 Jul 2020 16:00 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP902 Rebooting - Web Interface
All I can say is that I was running 3 x AP902 on firmware 1.3.2 before I changed to AP903s and I never saw that problem.

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2020 16:02 #4 by dgarratt
Do you have any idea why might be the problem ?

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2020 13:08 #5 by dgarratt
I continue to refine my diagnosis of this problem - however my results are not helping to clarify the problem.

I have 3 x AP 902’s which I shall called AP01, AP02 and AP03.

This morning I connected to the GUI of AP01 initially and checked it’s “uptime” which was just over 24 hours. My laptop was connected to this AP01.

I then connected to the GUI of AP02 - which did not appear for about 60 seconds. During this time I noticed that my laptop and other devices such as Google Home’s were disconnected from AP01’s wifi.

Eventually AP02’s GUI appeared and showed me that it had been online for some 14 hours.

I returned to AP01 and noticed that it had rebooted and it’s uptime was down to 3 minutes.

The problem definitely seems to be triggered by access to and AP’s GUI but what is truly odd is that it seems to affect another AP sometimes.

I assume all these AP’s have some API which is provided for remote management. Could a rogue message be created which is triggering a reboot.

Could some elements of the 903’s Mesh code which I assume allows AP’s to communicate with each other be present in the 902 firmware now ?

Just ideas.

Dave

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jul 2020 18:53 #6 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: AP902 Rebooting - Web Interface

dgarratt wrote:
I assume all these AP’s have some API which is provided for remote management. Could a rogue message be created which is triggering a reboot.

You could try disabling the "AP Management" function @ Central AP Management >> General Setup, within the AP902 'gui'