Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Update firmware on Mesh Nodes?

• troozers
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Nov 2020 15:22 #7 by troozers
Replied by troozers on topic Re: Update firmware on Mesh Nodes?
That's what I thought would happen on the 802's as well, not sure why it hasn't happened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
21 Nov 2020 02:53 #8 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Update firmware on Mesh Nodes?
As an experiment - I just reset my AP802 ... as in, deleted it from the mesh at the AP903 end, reset its password to "admin/admin", set it to "AP" mode, then finally did a "Factory Reset" by holding down the button.

When I finally got it back in the mesh, the password changed to match the AP903 (I definitely tested "admin/admin" and had been admonished at login time, that it was still set to default)

I didn't manually initiate a 'Config Sync', but the 'Basic Config Sync' happened anyway (I can see my SSIDs etc on the AP802).

In the System Maintenance section of the Basic Configuration Sync function on the AP903, it says:
Code:
9 X_00507F_System.TR069Setting.CPEEnable 1 10 X_00507F_System.SyslogMail.SysLogAccess.SysLogEnable 1

but in the equivalent section on the AP802 (i.e. what its received), it says:
Code:
9 X_00507F_System.TR069Setting.CPEEnable 1 10 X_00507F_System.AdminmodePassword.Admin admin 11 X_00507F_System.SyslogMail.SysLogAccess.SysLogEnable 1

In other words, there is a hidden parameter, that you (seemingly) can't send manually - it looks very much like an Administrator username/password sync to me!

Now I just have to figure out how to get it working in Wired-mesh mode again :roll:

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
21 Nov 2020 03:29 #9 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Update firmware on Mesh Nodes?

hornbyp wrote:
Now I just have to figure out how to get it working in Wired-mesh mode again :roll:

Good job I'd used the "Backup Mesh Config" option, because it was proving rather difficult to manually get back to my starting point :cry:

Anyway, with AP903 + AP802 back in wired-uplink Mesh mode, I tried changing the password on the AP903 (to admin/admin). I logged out and that was the username/password I needed to log back in again. I logged out of the AP802 and needed to use admin/admin on there too.
I then reset the AP903's password to something more secure and found that it had changed back on the AP802 as well.

This syncing of username/password happened without me running either of the Mesh Config Sync options.

More
21 Nov 2020 09:24 #10 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Update firmware on Mesh Nodes?
That's what I found as above. This "auto sync" "feature" is a bit of a pain, as I have an additional 2.4GHz SSID on the router which I don't want on the APs - I have to go round them all manually disabling it :roll:

• troozers
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Nov 2020 11:42 #11 by troozers
Replied by troozers on topic Re: Update firmware on Mesh Nodes?
Well, I've just changed the password on the Mesh Root, and the change was propogated to all of the Mesh Nodes - so, SUCCESS!

I had changed the admin password prior to adding the nodes, and had assumed they would get propogated when adding new nodes. Maybe I needed to give the system a little kick up the proverbials?

Many thanks for the help provided.