DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor AP802 V1.3.5 firmware bug? 5GHz band

• davidbstanley
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jan 2021 16:19 #13 by davidbstanley
Replied by davidbstanley on topic Re: Vigor AP802 V1.3.5 firmware bug? 5GHz band
I just had an answer to my support request.

Dear David,
Thank you for contacting technical support.

We are aware of this firmware bug with the 5GHz and are working on a fix. I will update you when we have a fix. For now please use 3.9.4.1.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2021 01:21 #14 by hornbyp

hornbyp wrote:
I reported it to Draytek on 26th November 2020

Draytek wrote: Your query has been received and has been allocated a ticket reference of [#DQ584939].

I sent them the config. from my AP802 and instructions on how to reproduce the fault. The last response I had (same day) was:

I will need to test this out in the lab to see if I can recreate the issue. I will let you know when I have more information

Since then - nothing :cry:

Well no answer from Draytek, but I found V1.4.0 on the 'International Web site' https://www.draytek.com/support/latest-firmwares/ .. though it actually links to: http://fw.draytek.com.tw/VigorAP%20802/Firmware/v1.4.0/

It contains the following 'improvement'
"Corrected: A stability issue of VLAN ID configuration for wireless connection"

Or, correctly translated into English - "gets the VLANs working again on 5GHz" :wink:

The only downside of installing this, seems to be that it spits out an occasional "Firmware is out-of-date" message to Syslog. :roll:

Hopefully, it will appear on the UK site shortly.

(Oh and thanks, Draytek, for letting me know :evil: )

More
24 Mar 2021 16:07 #15 by carguy143
Replied by carguy143 on topic Re: Vigor AP802 V1.3.5 firmware bug? 5GHz band
I recently bought an 802 and found that my Nest mini speakers were not carrying over their IP addresses when they roamed on to the 802. This has now been fixed with the latest firmware on the 802.

I was on the verge of returning the 802, this saved it from execution.

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Mar 2021 01:27 #16 by hornbyp

hornbyp wrote:
...I found V1.4.0 on the 'International Web site' ... Hopefully, it will appear on the UK site shortly.
It contains the following 'improvement'
"Corrected: A stability issue of VLAN ID configuration for wireless connection"

Or, correctly translated into English - "gets the VLANs working again on 5GHz" :wink:

It has now made it to Draytek's UK site (It's identical to the original release, from the .COM site).

However, someone has updated the Release notes to say:

Resolved an issue that could stop clients from connecting to Vigor AP802’s 5GHz SSIDs, in
some network configurations that use VLAN tagging for multiple SSIDs

Hallelujah :roll:

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Mar 2021 02:42 #17 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Vigor AP802 V1.4.0 firmware bug? 2.4GHz band
Could anybody else confirm that the 2.4GHz "Station List" has now stopped displaying clients (i.e. clients that are definitely connected) :?: :roll: :(

I can see 2.4GHz clients on the 'Dashboard'; they are working (and definitely not connected elsewhere), yet the Station List just says "No matching records"

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Mar 2021 00:13 #18 by hornbyp

hornbyp wrote:
Could anybody else confirm that the 2.4GHz "Station List" has now stopped displaying clients (i.e. clients that are definitely connected) :?: :roll: :(

I'm satisfied this is the case - I've reverted to V1.3.4.1 again :cry:

The question is, do I wait for Draytek to formally tell me they've released 1.4.0 to fix the bug I reported, before I tell them they've broken something else :?:

(Incidentally, I've noticed that the "Columns" selector on the "Station List" page doesn't work either - but this might never have worked. (It was only by comparing it with the equivalent function on the AP903 - which does work - that I realised what it is supposed to do. If you select the 'gear' icon, you get the world's weirdest dropdown menu, parts of which change colour if you click them. Unfortunately, changing colour is all they do :cry: )

Why do Draytek release products to market, months (years?) before they're ready :?: