DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor AP802 V1.3.5 firmware bug? 5GHz band

More
27 Mar 2021 08:50 #19 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor AP802 V1.3.5 firmware bug? 5GHz band
I find your lack of faith disturbing hornbyp :(

But seriously, it's a question I've been asking myself recently.

Regarding the "gear" icon on the 903, I seem to have managed to add device IP addresses to the list so it does appear to do something....

The only slight issue being that several "unknown" devices appear to be connected with high RSSI's but with IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 :?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Mar 2021 02:04 #20 by hornbyp
When I said "they work on the AP903", I just meant that columns appear and disappear. At no point did I say, that all those columns displayed meaningful information :lol:

More
07 Apr 2021 22:38 #21 by carguy143
Replied by carguy143 on topic Re: Vigor AP802 V1.4.0 firmware bug? 2.4GHz band

hornbyp wrote:
Could anybody else confirm that the 2.4GHz "Station List" has now stopped displaying clients (i.e. clients that are definitely connected) :?: :roll: :(

I can see 2.4GHz clients on the 'Dashboard'; they are working (and definitely not connected elsewhere), yet the Station List just says "No matching records"

My station list seems to be correctly populated.

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Apr 2021 00:20 #22 by hornbyp

carguy143 wrote:
My station list seems to be correctly populated.

That's interesting...

This is my AP802, running V1.3.4.1 - with a typical 2.4GHz workload, as shown on the 2.4GHz "Station List" menu.

I just tried V1.4.0 again (for the third, possibly fourth time) and this is what the "Station List" looks like:-

I forced the clients to disconnect from their new home on the AP903 - I know they re-connected to the AP802, because a) I can ping 'em, b) they don't show up anywhere else and c), they can be seen in the AP802's "Dashboard" view :-

Why me :?: :roll:

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 May 2021 02:33 #23 by hornbyp

hornbyp wrote:
Could anybody else confirm that the 2.4GHz "Station List" has now stopped displaying clients (i.e. clients that are definitely connected) :?: :roll: :(

I can see 2.4GHz clients on the 'Dashboard'; they are working (and definitely not connected elsewhere), yet the Station List just says "No matching records"

I just tried the recently released V1.4.1 firmware and was disappointed to see that this issue was still there. Then I noticed something odd ...

There is a text box, that briefly says "search" and then changes to something else (I wish I could remember exactly what it changed to - but I can't :cry: ). On the 5Ghz Station List, it changes from "search" to "5g", so I typed "2.4g" in there - voila, all the 2.4GHz client re-appeared. Hurray!

If you erase the box and hit "" all the 5GHz clients appear as well - bonkers :!: :lol:

More
14 May 2021 09:49 #24 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor AP802 V1.3.5 firmware bug? 5GHz band
Off topic apology - good to see a Garmin Zumo on your list hp :wink:

I've just changed to a new RT with TFT screen - it connects to the phone with simultaneous bluetooth and wifi.....at least when it feels in the right mood it does :roll:

If you think Draytek have connection "issues" :lol: