DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Mesh 2862 as root, AP903 as node, node not found?

• ruraldev
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2020 12:47 #1 by ruraldev
Hi

I've just added an AP903 as a mesh node to my 2862, both running the latest firmware, I have set up both as per the instructions and they are within 1 metre of each other but the 2862 can't find the AP903.

Anyone had anything similar or can think of a solution? I've factory reset the AP903 twice while testing and it's definately setup as a Mesh node not an access point.

Hope someone has some thoughts on a solution.

Thanks
Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2020 14:40 #2 by piste basher
Can the 2862 "see" the 903 in AP Discovery mode?

I had a similar problem with my 2926ac not "finding" AP903s. Indeed, if I try to add my Kitchen AP903 to the router it cannot be found, although the garage AP903 which is further away can, and both of them can be found in AP Discovery, with the Kitchen one having the stronger signal :roll:

For me the solution was to factory reset and do nothing else (I'm a bit concerned when you say it is definitely a node - are you connecting to it somehow to see that?) other than have the router and AP fairly close. Even then, it may take several "searches" for the router to find the AP.

(you'll no doubt have noticed that the 5GHz "AP Discovery" feature usually takes several clicks of the Scan button before it seems to do anything)

• ruraldev
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2020 15:20 #3 by ruraldev
The only thing I did to check it was in 'node' mode was to connect to it's network and login as admin to run the wizard where it asked if I wanted AP or Mesh node mode.

More
18 Nov 2020 17:57 #4 by piste basher
The only thing I can suggest is that you factory reset it again and just do the mesh adding - if successful this will automatically put it in mesh node mode. I suspect that connecting it beforehand somehow screws this up.

• ruraldev
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2020 18:20 #5 by ruraldev
Cancel this, I seem to have got it working!
Thanks for your help
Gordon

Can I ask what you mean by

(you'll no doubt have noticed that the 5GHz "AP Discovery" feature usually takes several clicks of the Scan button before it seems to do anything)

I don't see anything like that?

More
18 Nov 2020 18:30 #6 by piste basher
Lucky you! On 2.4Ghz one click of the "Scan" button suffices to populate the list for me, but on 5GHz it usually takes several goes before it does anything at all.