Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP802 - management from WLAN only bug

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
26 May 2021 01:20 #7 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: AP802 - management from WLAN only bug
I was a little confused by your VLAN tagging - it seems you are using it just for the Guest Network - but leaving everything else as Untagged (0). Perhaps putting "0" in the Management VLAN box is the the answer?

I'm not sure how this scenario plays out - when I went for VLAN tags, I tagged everything. This is simpler to understand, but comes with a caveat in the Draytek world; Draytek APs and Routers do not do automatic ingress/egress tagging/untagging - every wire-connected node needs to be VLAN aware.

Of course, many devices are not VLAN aware, so you have to interpose a device that is. My weapon of choice is the Netgear GS105E (which I may have mentioned in other threads :wink: ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2021 08:22 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP802 - management from WLAN only bug
I have my "management LAN" untagged (0), with IOT and Guest VLANS tagged, and it doesn't cause any issues.

If you can't access the 802 when it is plugged in to the router how did you set it up in the first place?

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 May 2021 08:38 #9 by qwaz01
Replied by qwaz01 on topic Re: AP802 - management from WLAN only bug
I think I have resolved the issue - I upgraded the v2862 firmware ands rebooted and now I can ping the AP and access the management console. Very strange as the firmware was only a couple of versions out of date.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help