DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Anyone know if there'll be a Wifi-6 desktop WAP, e.g. an AP904?

• oviano
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Nov 2021 07:07 #1 by oviano
House currently kitted out with 903s, but it'd be nice if there was an upgrade at some point.

I know there are ceiling mount Wifi-6 devices from DrayTek, but doesn't yet seem to be an equivalent to the trusty AP903s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2021 10:51 #2 by piste basher
I don't know, but if there is one I'll guarantee that it is announced just after I've bought the previous version :lol:

As for AP903's, I've replaced 2 of mine with AP960c's and reckon I get a much better signal. Only reason to use 903 for me is if I need the extra LAN ports.

• oviano
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Nov 2021 11:25 #3 by oviano
Yes, I make use of the extra LAN ports too, so I'm hoping for an upgraded 903 at some point.

• oviano
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Nov 2021 12:57 #4 by oviano
I hope there will be an upgrade - there seem to be very few of this type of AP around, i.e. desktop form factor with multiple ethernet ports, Wifi-6, plain AP mode. Netgear make one (WAX206) but everything else seems to be mesh, mesh mesh....

I don't think mesh really offers much of an advantage when all the rooms are wired, indeed I have a perfectly stable network using AP903s in regular AP mode, with channels arrange sensibly across floors.

More
19 Nov 2021 14:22 #5 by piste basher
Your post prompted me to contact Draytek support as to when there will be updated firmware for my 2927ax to give it the mesh capability of the 2927ac (yes, I actually want to use mesh :lol: ). Rather disappointingly they haven't bothered to reply. I've always found them to be responsive and helpful in the past, but I note that others here have mentioned what appears to be the current malaise :(

More
19 Nov 2021 22:54 #6 by edinburgh
I think things have changed at Draytek, indeed. They no longer respond promptly. Open cases seem to disappear in the ether, too. Complaining to managers has no effect, as they're as bad.

Time to jump ship!