DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Anyone know if there'll be a Wifi-6 desktop WAP, e.g. an AP904?

More
27 Nov 2021 09:45 #7 by piste basher
As a lowly "home user" I have too much invested in Draytek kit (going back to the 2200 usb - not in use now :) ) to make jumping ship feasible - and is there another make which offers the features at anything like the price?

Would be good to know why UK support appear to be ignoring requests though, maybe the admins here have some insight?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2021 14:05 #8 by pharcyder
From a router perspective, PfSense and some hardware like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharevdi-Quad-core-Computer-Ethernet-Firewall/dp/B08MTN4GV7

Searching for pfsense hardware brings up lots to choose from for all budgets and internet connections. Ubiquity is another choice for off-the-shelf solutions

More
27 Nov 2021 15:50 #9 by piste basher
I've pondered using pfsense in the past. But having just bought a 2927ax this would absolutely do what I want it to do - if only it had the mesh capability of the 2927ac :roll:

At present it's sitting unused gathering dust. My own fault for not reading the small print before pressing "buy now".......

More
29 Nov 2021 09:45 #10 by admin3
It will have Mesh capability with firmware 4.4.0. They're just working on a mesh compatibility problem with the ax routers right now, which is why the [Mesh] option is missing.

Forum Administrator

More
29 Nov 2021 14:48 #11 by piste basher
Thanks for the update - hope it arrives before long 8)

More
16 Aug 2022 21:18 #12 by rad0152

admin3 wrote:
It will have Mesh capability with firmware 4.4.0. They're just working on a mesh compatibility problem with the ax routers right now, which is why the [Mesh] option is missing.

Hi I have a 2927ax running 4.4.0 and the mesh feature appears to be still missing. When will this be available?

Thanks