DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Anyone know if there'll be a Wifi-6 desktop WAP, e.g. an AP904?

More
22 Nov 2022 08:55 #19 by piste basher
In my post on the other thread you will see that support informed me that the 906 is the only AP that will be (when it's on sale here) usable with the 2927ax as mesh root.

They described this ridiculous state of affairs as "an incovenience"

If Draytek think they're getting any more money out of me, having recently bought 3 AP960C - a wifi 6 AP with mesh capability but NOT compatible with the wifi 6 2927ax it would seem :roll: - then I'm afraid they can think again (being polite here :evil: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2022 18:42 #20 by adrianh54

Piste Basher wrote:
In my post on the other thread you will see that support informed me that the 906 is the only AP that will be (when it's on sale here) usable with the 2927ax as mesh root.

They described this ridiculous state of affairs as "an incovenience"

If Draytek think they're getting any more money out of me, having recently bought 3 AP960C - a wifi 6 AP with mesh capability but NOT compatible with the wifi 6 2927ax it would seem :roll: - then I'm afraid they can think again (being polite here :evil: )

Mobile phones are getting WiFi 7 next year , perhaps they are saving themselves for that :lol: :lol:

• oviano
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2022 10:21 #21 by oviano
Ok, so from that other thread it seems like 906 is indeed the successor to 904; guess they've skipped 905 as 906 corresponds to Wifi-6.

Looks like a smaller more compact/modern design too, nice. Now they just need to release it in the UK.

Moderators: Sami