DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Guest Wifi & vlans

More
10 Dec 2021 17:18 #7 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Guest Wifi & vlans

Piste Basher wrote:
Have you tried connecting an AP directly to P1, eliminating the intermediate devices ?

Not yet; that is a last resort, as I'm not sure where the PSUs are for them :( Might have to have a search around tonight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2021 17:40 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Guest Wifi & vlans
I've not used a 910 but I use 960s and 903 and I can't see that you're doing anything wrong so I guess that must be tried before we can go further.

More
10 Dec 2021 18:03 #9 by mbames
Had a dig around and found a suitable PSU. Tried with it one of the 910c's plugged directly it P1 (ie the rest of the house unplugged) - my normal SSID one works and the guest doesn't.

Repeated with the 910c plugged into one of the 4 switch ports on the SamKnows box. Both the 2925 and the 910c have been rebooted, so I'm a bit stuck now, short of trying unticking "Permit untagged device in P1 to access router"

Have added P2 to VLAN2/LAN3 and tried with the AP plugged into that, again no different. Normal SSID works, guest one doesn't.

I'm following this guide https://draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-centralapm-psk#vlan-configuration
and this one, which is broadly the same https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5320

Central AP Stats

Updated VLAN settings for p2

More
10 Dec 2021 20:54 #10 by mbames
Update, but not yet there 100% of the way.

Issue 1. Don't have Isolate: From LAN ticked in the WiFi Central AP management screens
Issue 2. The SamKnows "whitebox" uses the lan/wan ports and was eating the vlan tagged traffic
Issue 3. My Netgear switch is also eating the tagged vlan traffic

I've resolved issues 1 and 2, but not sure how to configure the Netgear managed switch yet (any ideas, anyone??). Therefore at the moment, I have have one AP working, it is plugged into P2 on the 2925 and powered directly.

More
10 Dec 2021 21:33 #11 by mbames
Well I do believe that's fixed it... first venture into vlan configuration on that switch.

and a copy of the users guide ( https://ames.org.uk/tmp/draytek/GS752TP_GS728TP_GS728TPP_SWA_3Dec2013.pdf ), in case I have to revisit this post in the future!

More
11 Dec 2021 08:42 #12 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Guest Wifi & vlans
Glad you found the culprit :D

Moderators: Sami