DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SSID's on AP900's

More
04 Jan 2022 18:16 #7 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: SSID's on AP900's
I should have said that whilst my "primary" SSID is untagged, all the others are VLAN tagged :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2022 10:52 #8 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: SSID's on AP900's

hornbyp wrote:
Is this a VLAN-tagging question?, as per this thread: https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24431

I came here to say if you have a managed switch, it may well be eating your vlan tagged traffic, that was the issue in my case (coupled with a badly behaving SamKnows White box, which support claims doesn't tamper with the traffic, but obviously it does).

• sidewinder
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2022 15:38 #9 by sidewinder
Replied by sidewinder on topic Re: SSID's on AP900's
Hi all,
Thank you for the suggestions.
I initially asked rather than playing as I suspected someone had done similar.
Plus, I am somewhat incapacitated at the moment from the big C, so physical work is challenging for me.
I didn't know where the PSU's were for the AP's and I was trying to sort everything without having to get someone else to fetch and carry for me.

I got to the bottom of it.
As was rightly suggested, one can broadcast more than two SSID's from an AP900, if you use suitable VLAN tagging.
That is what it took.

Once it was said that the AP's could run more than 2 SSID's, I knew it was a case of setting one up on one wifi frequency and then working through the network until I identified the issue.
That is what I did, and, yes it does work.

I now have 3 SSID's running on 2.4 & 5, via the LAN A wired connection, I had to set up another VLAN and tag this through my network.
All is now good.
Thank you all for the help.

I have one more issue to resolve then I am onto my next set up challenge, so I'll probably be back for help.

Thanks again.

Moderators: Sami