• steve251
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2022 08:53 #1 by steve251
No Internet on Apple devices was created by steve251
Hello, I have a Vigor 2865ac
An iPhone 11
iPad 11 Pro

Up until about 2/3 weeks ago in my shop, I could happily get internet on those devices logged on to my Draytek Vigor 2865ac

But then it stopped
I have done the following without success

Tried reconnecting
Change passwords
Reset Network Connections on my devices
Powered off and on those devices
Turned off security on Wifi

All of my devices are connected to my Wi-Fi but all have no access.

All other devices in our shop which includes laptops and desktops and other non-Apple mobile devices like Samsung phones and tablets connect fine and get internet

I had a customer come in yesterday on an older version of IOS
The same problem Connected but no Internet

I have emailed Draytek for support but no luck
Also, I tried an access point made by TP Link where I fed an ethernet cable in to it and sent out its own WiFi but that was the same bearing in mind that it all goes back to the Draytek

Still waiting for a response from Draytek but it has only been 24 hours

Any thoughts?

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2022 09:49 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: No Internet on Apple devices
Do you get a message on the iPhone that says it's connected to the wifi but has no internet access?
I might have seen similar but haven't wanted to look into it further yet. The iPhone 13 is affected, but not the good ol iPhone SE v1, as far as I can tell.

Very odd that it doesn't coincide with a firmware update on the router, and not an iOS update either, something separate?

Forum Administrator

• steve251
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2022 14:31 #3 by steve251
Replied by steve251 on topic Re: No Internet on Apple devices
Yeah connects okay but No Internet
I tried a firmware update on the router but no joy
Been over 24 hours since I submitted a ticket to Draytek but no reply

I am an IT Engineer and fix these sort of things for a living but cannot figure this out yet.

Mine is an iPhone 11 on IOS 15.3.1
15.4 is queued so I will install that tonight and try again tomorrow but I had a customer in with an iPhone 5 and 14 something, I think and she had the same issue

Steve

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
16 Mar 2022 15:35 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: No Internet on Apple devices
I'm guessing that there is an equivalent Apple app. to Android Network Analyzer ...

Maybe you can then expand "No internet" into something specific ... Lack of DNS, Routing error etc.

Also, have a read through my recent thread on Vigor AP903 issues , where clients gets isolated from the LAN (but not other WiFi devices). Maybe it's related :?:

• wilsodg
  • User
  • User
More
25 Mar 2023 21:36 #5 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: No Internet on Apple devices
No solution, but we have been having exactly this issue on a 2927AX with 2x AP902 and 2xAP910 (large house over 3 floors with a lot of double skinned brick/concrete block walls). Get a WIFI connection, but no internet. If I restart everything, it's normally ok for a while, then the rot sets in. I've turned off all roaming and band steering. Have the keep-alive on some apple devices, but too many devices to cover them all. If I do a network test on iphone, it will download at 70+ mbs but then go to zero, then a few seconds later it starts, then to zero. Useless for streaming. This is inside the house also (not just internet download)

Also have some Cisco APs in outbuildings, and these seem fine. The 2927 is connected to netgear switches (24 port and 10 port POE), and the APs are connected to the switches. Starting to worry that Vigor WIFI is not up to it.

More
26 Mar 2023 12:18 #6 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: No Internet on Apple devices
I have a 2927ax with 3 x AP960c, the AP's being connected through a Zyxel POE switch. My 5 Apple devices have no problems at all with their wifi connections. Some years ago when I used AP903's and a 2925ac then a 2926ac I had many issues with the 5GHz connection to Apple devices, but that appeared to be resolved after several firmware updates. I've not had any internet wifi issues in the past couple of years.
(I am very unhappy that the 2927ax mesh is not compatible with the AP960's, but that's another story...)