DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No Internet on Apple devices

More
04 Apr 2023 15:04 #13 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: No Internet on Apple devices
We had this problem when I had 2762. It was fine for a while, then there was a problem and only reboot helped, but only until the next one was needed. Never got to the bottom of it, so will be interested in a solution if you find one.

Our other issue was Apple devices connecting to 2.4GHz network being very slow eventually. For example, on a 70Mbps VDSL connection, the download speed was 1Mbps or under when we ran a speed test on them. I got in touch with Draytek support but can't remember if they even responded.

Initially I thought a neighbour was using a kind of 'jamming' device that was affecting the signal quality (such as a signal sender), as the connection on my android was affected, too, but not as bad. However, we didn't have that problem with Devolo APs, so in the end, I switched off the WiFi on Draytek and used Devolos only. My conclusion, albeit very tentative, was that the WiFi chip on our Draytek was faulty, as how else you try to explain this kind of behaviour on a router that's been on the market for a while.

Of course, your issue may be completely different to mine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2023 16:09 #14 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: No Internet on Apple devices
I have 2 potential issues. We use a lot of POE but the main 24 port Netgear switch is not POE, so I have intermediate POE switches. In some areas, we are 4 hops to the router, so I consider replacing the switch with a managed 24 port POE but that’s £400. We never had issues with the old 2.4 Cisco AP’s, and, like you, I am coming to the conclusion that Draytek AP’s are not so good, and to bin the 4 we have, and go back to Cisco. That’s a £600 ‘fix’. I’ den using Draytek for 15+ years and always liked it, but lately it’s just not quite there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami