DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2.4GHz Wifi on 2866Lac will not accept new clients

• dewcal
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jan 2023 15:08 #7 by dewcal
Would tend to agree, I can't even get a decent result from the 4G part - am having to use a Huawei router to feed in....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2023 07:33 #8 by technical
2866ax owner same situation wifi issues, not to mention fact that no mesh support even so datasheet is stating its supported!
As sad as it sounds but will be moving away from draytek products too much hassle, false promises and no one is bothered to fix stuff....

More
28 Jan 2023 14:17 #9 by piste basher
I don't see anything here https://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-2866ax#specifications about mesh support on the 2866ax ?

Having said that, the 2927ax (which I have) was touted as having mesh support "in a future firmware release" - well, that duly arrived but it ONLY supports the AP906 - and I sure as hell ain't buying any of those having recently invested in several AP960s.

More
16 Feb 2023 07:37 #10 by technical
That's because after few complaints datasheets and website specs been changed.
It is dire experience with this new range of routers. Wifi is terrible on these, not sure if firmware is broken or something. And why is still old fashioned firmware when AP's got new fancy ones....
As for AP's support it turns out that newest routers will only support newest AP's. So yeah slap in the face from draytek for those who already own 1060,918 etc... Shocking decisions from their dev team with no clear notification to customers...

Moderators: Sami