DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorAP 960C setting up as wireless mesh node

• brightonrob
  • Topic Author
More
25 Aug 2022 10:00 #7 by brightonrob
Replied by brightonrob on topic Re: VigorAP 960C setting up as wireless mesh node

Piste Basher wrote:
Just to clarify, what are you using as the root? I had similar problems using a 2927ac as root until it was fixed by a new firmware.

Hi currently Im using a 930 with wired uplink with the latest firmware (I had been using a 2866 but was getting packet loss and problems when I was running it over a virgin fibre modem)

I currently have a work around and thats to have the 960 on the ceiling and a wired 802 in line of sight (a couple of doors in the way) and that "works". The 802 is one door away from a wired 930 and the 960 is one wall away from a wired 930 too. Just feels like really fragile wifi as an uplink. Not sure if theres somethign wrong with my set up, but Ive been through and everything looks ok. Still keeps me out the pub!

Many thanks for all your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2022 16:14 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: VigorAP 960C setting up as wireless mesh node
I'm using the 5GHz band as the mesh link and even when the root says the signal strength to the node is 0% (metal garage door in the way) it still works :?

I tried using 2.4GHz which gave me a much higher signal strength but then I ran into bandwidth issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.