DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Anyone brave enough to try out the new AP906 WiFi AP?

More
01 Mar 2023 15:09 #1 by pharcyder
As per the title. I've had very bad experiences with Draytek WiFi APs in the past and wondered what the new AP906 is like. I'm not confident enough to buy one to try it out.

Anyone planning to get one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oviano
  • User
  • User
More
09 Mar 2023 20:06 #2 by oviano
I plan to upgrade my 5 x AP903s to these new ones.

I'm not sure whether I'm brave enough to go first though - I only noticed this evening that it was available in the UK and headed straight here to see if anyone had taken the plunge.

More
04 Apr 2023 22:24 #3 by nickul
Yes I've just deployed one on our network. Its a chunky beast larger than the nice 903 unit we have. Web interface is pretty much the same. Too soon to assess performance just yet.

I bought it after having bought a Netgear WAX206 which was worse than useless, see this thread....
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/WAX206-in-AP-mode-with-2-SSIDs/m-p/2271335

More
05 Apr 2023 10:39 #4 by pharcyder
If you have Apple Devices and/or plan to use it as a Mesh node with a Vigor as a Mesh root, keen to hear your experiences.

• oviano
  • User
  • User
More
07 Apr 2023 18:36 #5 by oviano
Installed five yesterday.

So far no issues, and we’re predominantly Apple devices.

Devices are in AP mode, wired back to the router so no mesh.

They’re certainly chunky - bigger than I thought. From the images on the website I for some reason imagined they were smaller than the AP903s that I have replaced, but they’re actually bigger.

Good speeds so far, faster than I could ever get with the 903s. Speed test showing in the higher hundreds of mb/s (internet is 1gbps).

• jollyrog
  • User
  • User
More
08 Apr 2023 21:30 #6 by jollyrog
I bought one and I've just twigged it won't do mesh with my 2865VAC.