DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Anyone brave enough to try out the new AP906 WiFi AP?

More
09 Apr 2023 15:31 #7 by piste basher
Should have read the threads here first :cry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nieldm
  • User
  • User
More
10 Apr 2023 08:50 #8 by nieldm

Piste Basher wrote:

What happened?

• nieldm
  • User
  • User
More
10 Apr 2023 08:55 #9 by nieldm
I am faced with a decision whether to retire the last Ubiquiti APs I have on my network (along with a 1060c and my 2927ax router) or to eBay the 1060c and go back to 100% Unifi. My heart says Draytek, given that I 'upgraded' from a 2926 specifically to migrate wifi to all-Draytek wifi6, but my head says "hit the phuq-up rewind button", admit defeat and go back to Unifi cap in hand.

Does the 906 share a UI with the 1060c or is it different again? Does Central AP Management work properly?

More
10 Apr 2023 16:21 #10 by piste basher

nieldm wrote:

Piste Basher wrote:

What happened?

There are several posts regarding the incompatibility of the "new" Draytek mesh devices with the "old" (but not very) Draytek mesh devices :evil:

• oviano
  • User
  • User
More
10 Apr 2023 20:16 #11 by oviano

nieldm wrote:
I am faced with a decision whether to retire the last Ubiquiti APs I have on my network (along with a 1060c and my 2927ax router) or to eBay the 1060c and go back to 100% Unifi. My heart says Draytek, given that I 'upgraded' from a 2926 specifically to migrate wifi to all-Draytek wifi6, but my head says "hit the phuq-up rewind button", admit defeat and go back to Unifi cap in hand.

Does the 906 share a UI with the 1060c or is it different again? Does Central AP Management work properly?

The 906 has the same UI as the 903.

• technical
  • User
  • User
More
19 Apr 2023 09:38 #12 by technical

oviano wrote:
Installed five yesterday.

So far no issues, and we’re predominantly Apple devices.

Devices are in AP mode, wired back to the router so no mesh.

They’re certainly chunky - bigger than I thought. From the images on the website I for some reason imagined they were smaller than the AP903s that I have replaced, but they’re actually bigger.

Good speeds so far, faster than I could ever get with the 903s. Speed test showing in the higher hundreds of mb/s (internet is 1gbps).

Do all functions in firmware work? 1060C and 908 I found some functions just don't do anything. Also does roaming work well do you get sticky clients? Do you use one SSID per all five ap's ? Could you share rough guide/setting how you set them up. What wifi channels you use?
I am getting continuous disconnects on mobile devices or no internet on 60db+ for some reason even if all settings standard etc.. Did not have such issues on older draytek ap's. So considering AP906 but worried it will be same.