DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Re: Announcements - Forum migration and username change to expose email address!

More
24 Jul 2024 09:25 #13 by Chris
Hi HodgesanDY,

Thank you for making me aware of this, we'll get some testing done and get this resolved.

I will try to seek approval of development time for the missing drafts feature, it makes sense for you to have at least the same functionality the original forum had.

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: HodgesanDY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2024 11:41 - 30 Jul 2024 11:44 #14 by HodgesanDY
@Chris

Also seen eight new topics created, that look like "Injection attacks"!

Can't say we ever saw those on the old forum.

I would click on the 'Report' button, within the posts, but I'd rather not touch the topics at all to be honest.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2024 11:44 by HodgesanDY.

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2024 11:47 #15 by HodgesanDY
Another quick observation,

When you trigger a submit, to an edited post, or you 'Favourite' a topic, a green notification appears at the top of the page, this notification has an 'x' in the top right corner to clear it, but the 'x' doesn't work. Only refreshing the page actually clears the notification. Seems odd that it would not auto clear or allow you to clear it with the 'x'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2024 12:10 #16 by HodgesanDY
Sorry, another query/observation,

In the 'Edit Profile' page, within the 'Forum Settings' tab, there are two settings which have no explaination, and their options don't make sense against the setting's description:

'Select subscription as default' = Default, Yes or No.     What is this a subscription to? Aren't we already subscribed to the forum?
'Select the time limit for pages' = Default, All, Since last visit, 8 Hours, 4 Hours, 12 Hours etc etc up to a 'Year'.     What time limit are you specifying; mark as read? As 'All' doesn't seem to apply to this setting?

Also, there is no setting for email notifications, and I can't say I've had any emails yet letting me know when there are new posts in any of the topics I have 'Favorite'd' or created myself.

Thanks 👍🏼

More
30 Jul 2024 17:29 #17 by Chris
Hi HodgesanDY,

They've all been dispatched, the main site has a lot more attention than the old forum, thank you for letting us know.

I'll check out your additional (and valuable) observations and get back to you soon.

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator

More
01 Aug 2024 12:10 #18 by Chris

Sorry, another query/observation,

In the 'Edit Profile' page, within the 'Forum Settings' tab, there are two settings which have no explaination, and their options don't make sense against the setting's description:

'Select subscription as default' = Default, Yes or No.     What is this a subscription to? Aren't we already subscribed to the forum?
'Select the time limit for pages' = Default, All, Since last visit, 8 Hours, 4 Hours, 12 Hours etc etc up to a 'Year'.     What time limit are you specifying; mark as read? As 'All' doesn't seem to apply to this setting?

Also, there is no setting for email notifications, and I can't say I've had any emails yet letting me know when there are new posts in any of the topics I have 'Favorite'd' or created myself.

Thanks 👍🏼
Hi,

I've looked into this, the default wording was very unclear! We've reworded them to make more sense.  Subscription as default refers to the very email notifications that you've been missing.  You should now be able to see a Subscribe button inside of each forum, and within each topic, the Actions button should now contain a "subscribe" option in the dropdown.   

Time limit for pages refers to how far back the "Recent Topics" menu item should show. This was defaulted to 1 month, which may explain why you were having trouble in the Profile->posts section.  We've changed this default to "All" , which will hopefully alleviate that problem as well.

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator

Moderators: Sami