DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820VN No SIP register

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2009 20:21 #1 by plandregan
2820VN No SIP register was created by plandregan
I have just bought a new 2820Vn. Works fine. However if the line drops or Re-Syncs (Happens often, slows down during evening) the VOIP wont work. If i reboot the router it eventually registers with my SIP providers after 10 mins or so. If the line drops and re-syncs, the SIP wont come back up without a reboot

Anyone suggest a fix?

VOIP is Voipcheap.com, sipgate.co.uk and Draytel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• davidbstanley
  • User
  • User
More
20 Sep 2009 14:56 #2 by davidbstanley
Replied by davidbstanley on topic 2820VN No SIP register
Cant help, but I use Voipcheap.com and it works well, even after a re-sync. I have firmware 3.3.1.2.

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
22 Sep 2009 18:48 #3 by plandregan
Replied by plandregan on topic 2820VN No SIP register
I use voipcheap.com for outgoing and Sipgate for SMS & incoming.

Works well, just wont re register after a re-sync

More
23 Sep 2009 14:22 #4 by norman5007
Replied by norman5007 on topic Re: 2820VN No SIP register

plandregan wrote: I have just bought a new 2820Vn. Works fine. However if the line drops or Re-Syncs (Happens often, slows down during evening) the VOIP wont work. If i reboot the router it eventually registers with my SIP providers after 10 mins or so. If the line drops and re-syncs, the SIP wont come back up without a reboot

Anyone suggest a fix?

VOIP is Voipcheap.com, sipgate.co.uk and Draytel.

I think something is seriously wrong with the SIP accounts. Especially when intermittent loss of internet service happened. I am on Virging Media Cable (WAN1 disabled / WAN2 connect to cable modem).

SIP accounts (Draytel/sipgate and BT) are all registering via WAN2.

However, sometimes one of my SIP accounts (usually the#1 in list which happens to be draytel) is not registered anymore.

What exactly triggers the router to lose registration with one or several of the SIP account is unclear.

However, I recognised that SIP accounts lost registration after
- SIP to SIP call (when b party did not pick up receiver).
- Internet connection was interrupted (i.e. cable modem lost connection)

Ok, one could say its acceptable that sometime a SIP account loses registration but the real issue is that the router will not re-establish registration. All my SIP accounts are set to expiry time of 60 mins. Changing the expiry time to manual or other numbers do not trigger a re-registration. I tried everything to make the router re-register the SIP's but nothing works (web interface & command line). The only way to get the SIP account registered again is to reboot the router.

Any advice on how to trigger the router to re-register SIPs?

Norman

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
23 Sep 2009 18:40 #5 by plandregan
This really needs to be fixed, I have already forked out for another un-neded router because it wouldnt register via LAN. So now using a 2820 and it registers on WAN 1 or 2, but WONT re-register after failure of the link in use.

PLEASE SORT THIS> WILLING TO TRY BETA FIRMWARE

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
10 Oct 2009 10:23 #6 by plandregan
I have even tried using the IP address of my SIP providors instead of domain. Just in case its a DNS issue.

Still loses the registration at random times. Usually after WAN1 failure, even more so If WAN2 is running at the same time. If its on demand SIP loss is less than with WAN2 enabled.

All SIP settings are set to register only via WAN1 to eliminate 2nd router forwarding issues.