2820VN No SIP register

• simonbrighton
  • User
  • User
More
02 Nov 2009 15:10 #13 by simonbrighton
Replied by simonbrighton on topic 2820VN No SIP register

plandregan wrote: UPDATE.

Using the IP address and no words at all in the VOIP settings, the router has stayed registered for 5 days so far. Line has dropped a few times, it has come back fine. I have also enabled WAN2 again, still all is well.

So Draytek the issue seems to be with DNS and VOIP. Use IP only in the settings, and all seems OK (Certainly a lot better). Use the domain names and registration is lost periodically.

Hi Plandregan,

Is your workaround still holding up? I'd be very interested to know if this is a working solution.

Many thanks

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2009 15:17 #14 by plandregan
Replied by plandregan on topic 2820VN No SIP register
Yes its holding up much better. I have noticed once in 2 weeks there was no dial tone on the phone. The line drops several times a day, so the VOIP must be re-registering ok.

I have put the Beta firmware on to see if there are any differences.

Hope yours works too.

Paul.

• simonbrighton
  • User
  • User
More
02 Nov 2009 15:20 #15 by simonbrighton

SimonBrighton wrote:

plandregan wrote: UPDATE.

Using the IP address and no words at all in the VOIP settings, the router has stayed registered for 5 days so far. Line has dropped a few times, it has come back fine. I have also enabled WAN2 again, still all is well.

So Draytek the issue seems to be with DNS and VOIP. Use IP only in the settings, and all seems OK (Certainly a lot better). Use the domain names and registration is lost periodically.

Hi Plandregan,

Is your workaround still holding up? I'd be very interested to know if this is a working solution.

Many thanks

Simon

As a test I've changed one of my Sipgate accounts to use the IP address and left the rest with "sipgate.co.uk". If in a few days I am left only with the one account with the IP address then we would seem to have a working solution.

• simonbrighton
  • User
  • User
More
02 Nov 2009 16:24 #16 by simonbrighton

plandregan wrote: Yes its holding up much better. I have noticed once in 2 weeks there was no dial tone on the phone. The line drops several times a day, so the VOIP must be re-registering ok.

I have put the Beta firmware on to see if there are any differences.

Hope yours works too.

Paul.

Thanks for the reply. Its one of those annoying problems that doesn't happen for several days and when it does you don't realise its happened until you've got a voicemail from a customer!

I've now set Sipgate to forward to my mobile if unreachable. Hopefully that will work as a good fall back plan.

Fingers crossed.

• simonbrighton
  • User
  • User
More
02 Nov 2009 16:53 #17 by simonbrighton
plandregan: what IP are you using for sipgate.co.uk? I am using 217.10.79.23 and the Draytek says I'm registered however my phone isn't actually working...

Its weird because even the Sipgate control panel says that the Draytek is registered but incoming calls don't work.

My other SIP accounts (with DNS names) are still working fine.

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2009 17:21 #18 by plandregan
Replied by plandregan on topic 2820VN No SIP register
SIP Port 5060
Register Via WAN1
Domain/Realm 217.10.79.23
Proxy 217.10.79.23
Display Name - MY FULL PHONE NUMBER
The rest is your account details

I have it set for 10 min expiry.