Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820VN No SIP register

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
17 Oct 2009 18:52 #7 by plandregan
Replied by plandregan on topic 2820VN No SIP register
UPDATE.

Using the IP address and no words at all in the VOIP settings, the router has stayed registered for 5 days so far. Line has dropped a few times, it has come back fine. I have also enabled WAN2 again, still all is well.

So Draytek the issue seems to be with DNS and VOIP. Use IP only in the settings, and all seems OK (Certainly a lot better). Use the domain names and registration is lost periodically.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2009 09:33 #8 by martingclark
Replied by martingclark on topic Voip registration
I had one of these routers 6 months ago after having a faithful 2910vg, and eventually after losing all my hair due to voip registration issues sent the 2820vn back for a refund. 6 months on after using 2910vg again I decided to give the 2820vn another go, purchased it with much newer f/w than my previous one had and hey presto, VOIP registration STILL FAILS after unknown amounts of time, some times a day sometimes every couple of hours, Like you all the only fix is a reboot, no amount of account changes and resaving has any effect. Draytek support have had voip logs sent to them which appear to show the registration procedures within the router are just locking up and the router is therefore not requesting re-registration as it's supposed to do.

This issue is driving me nuts as I've purchased 1 for myself, my father has one, and a customer of mines has one.

So dissapointed so far........

More
28 Oct 2009 09:36 #9 by martingclark
Replied by martingclark on topic VOIP continued
Forgot to mention as well, 6 months ago draytek were informed by me of the withheld calls and anonymous call barring not working either, and guess what it STILL doesn't work this time around either, They have conceded it doesn't work and that they will report it to the engineers (however that is the same as what was said 6 months ago)

• plandregan
  • Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2009 09:58 #10 by plandregan
Replied by plandregan on topic 2820VN No SIP register
Its very poor support if you ask me. The big thing about these routers is the VOIP function. It works perfectly in the 2800VGi that i replaced with the 2820 for Dual WAN. I wish I hadnt bothered and saved my money.

Please Draytek, fix the VOIP. Using ip addresses insted of domain names had reduxced the VOIP lockouts, but not eliminated them.

PLEASE

More
02 Nov 2009 12:16 #11 by krupal bhatt
Replied by krupal bhatt on topic 2820VN No SIP register
I also had the re-registration issue after re-sync but the beta firmware (3.3.3RC5b) available at http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2820_333_RC5b.zip
seems to have resolved this issue. :) :)

• simonbrighton
  • User
  • User
More
02 Nov 2009 15:08 #12 by simonbrighton
Replied by simonbrighton on topic 2820VN No SIP register

krupal bhatt wrote: I also had the re-registration issue after re-sync but the beta firmware (3.3.3RC5b) available at http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2820_333_RC5b.zip
seems to have resolved this issue. :) :)

Hi,

I'm having this problem as well. I never noticed it with the old firmware that I had (upgraded about 2 weeks ago to the version with USB functionality). If I could find the old firmware I'd "downgrade" again but I can't.

krupal bhatt: How sure are you that the beta firmware has solved the issue? How long have you been running your router without the problem occurring?

Many thanks for your help

Simon