Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 and SIP Handset registration problem

• rc133
  • User
  • User
More
13 Oct 2011 11:38 #13 by rc133
Grrrr!

This is a known issue with the PAT/NAT on all of the most recent Draytek firmware releases, so why hasnt it been fixed!

I have found as you all have that a reboot sorts out the issue as it seems to clear the NAT sessions table and it works ok for a while

I have a 2930 and am having the same issues.. does anyone know of a new beta firmware for this model?

Thanks

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbsys
  • User
  • User
More
04 Nov 2011 14:14 #14 by cbsys
Same problem here, both on 2830 routers and 2710n running 3.3.6.1 firmware

More
04 Nov 2011 14:42 #15 by catzi
It's not very good as its a pretty common requirement. I've stopped using the 2830 until it's sorted out and the next revision of software for the 2830 seems to be taking an inordinately long time to appear.

More
16 Nov 2011 16:07 #16 by cybgak
I maintain a network which has about 10 Yealink handsets connecting through a 2820.
If I leave the default filters enabled in the firewall section of the router config my phones all gradually de-register and will not re-register.
Turning the default call and data filters off completely solves this problem.
Also I have a load balance policy setup to send all traffic to the SIP server over my WAN1 connection and it just ignores it sometimes even though most of the connection honour it.....random!

More
16 Nov 2011 16:25 #17 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic Re: 2820 and SIP Handset registration problem
At the risk of quoting myself:

plemonde wrote: Raise a support call. They have a firmware in beta that's fixed all my SIP problems with the 2820 itself and also with my third-party SIP adaptor that kept losing registration requiring a reboot of the 2820.

Mine's been running for over a week on this firmware now with no issues whatsoever and no reboots required.

I haven't had a deregister in over a month now.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
16 Nov 2011 19:13 #18 by nealuk
The 3.3.7 firmware is published at www.draytek.com which resolves these registration issues :)