DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BX2000 - issues

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jun 2021 12:04 #19 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Re: BX2000 - issues
No. I gave up on using the POTS ports because whatever I tried the problem remained. I don't think they are useable.

Fortunately most other aspects of the product work generally well enough, so I simply migrated entirely to VOIP.

I have had issues with the product not connecting satisfactorily to a SIP trunk which doesn't require registration, but that was resolved by support providing a beta version of the firmware. I had hoped that this fix would be rolled into a release version but support have told me this will not be the case, and the latest release version (3.9.1) doesn't have the fix but will not be updated any further.

Apart from this issue the product is fine and is used continually in our small office without significant issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bagin
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jun 2021 13:39 #20 by bagin
Replied by bagin on topic Re: BX2000 - issues
Thank you for your reply. Shame this box suffers from so many issues as otherwise its great little device.

"I have had issues with the product not connecting satisfactorily to a SIP trunk which doesn't require registration"
I'm in process of configuring mine with UK Dial9 (no registration) and trying to troubleshoot similar issue. I can place outgoing calls no problem, incoming are not coming through. Can you share how you configured yours to work correctly with this type of SIP and where I can download beta firmware from?

They are using 2 separate trunks for incoming and outgoing calls:

My Outgoing trunk looks like this per picture attached ( fake numbers ) does it match your setup?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NuOzysuIz6wKsLU_9tzZCrdfyPS_KvnC/view?usp=sharing

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jun 2021 13:55 #21 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Re: BX2000 - issues
Yes, mine is set up the same except that I have the number 2 in the field for max simultaneous calls (my trunk is only two connections). Assuming you have got the correct IP address for Dial9 and they have it set up their end for your WAN IP address, it should work fine with those settings.

This is exactly the problem that I had - everything was set up OK and it used to work until I updated the firmware. For a long time I had to run with downgraded firmware (see my posts above obviously for details) until I contacted Draytek support, when they supplied me with the beta firmware (r87539_beta of 6 March 2020) which resolved this issue.

The BX2000 has been absolutely fine since then although as I say I would prefer it if there was proper release version with this fix. I also think that given this is still apparently a current shipping product they really should release a full firmware version that resolves this issue. It must illustrate that they don't sell many of the BX2000s!

I suggest you contact Draytek support and ask them for the latest beta version (probably the same as mine) and it should resolve the issue. If you get a more recent version (that works!) then please let me know by posting here!