DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vodafone E160X on 2820

More
04 Sep 2009 02:04 #19 by joelang1699
Replied by joelang1699 on topic Vodafone E160X on 2820
I have a Vodafone K3565 which I believe is rebagged E160. Ive tried various firmwares from 2009 with no joy however with the foolowing settings i do get a "no response from server" message.

SIM PIN code
Modem Init String APN: internet
APN name: internet
Modem Dial String: ATDT*99***16#
PPP Username: web
PPP Password: web

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• legal
  • Topic Author
More
04 Sep 2009 08:01 #20 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Vodafone E160X on 2820

joelang1699 wrote: I have a Vodafone K3565 which I believe is rebagged E160. Ive tried various firmwares from 2009 with no joy however with the foolowing settings i do get a "no response from server" message.

SIM PIN code

Any ideas?

I was provided with the following which work fine with the E160X - might be worth a try (also randomly you sometimes need to reboot the router after plugging in the stick, but not always!):-

APN:pp.internet
ATDT*99#
web
web

More
04 Sep 2009 17:32 #21 by joelang1699
Replied by joelang1699 on topic Vodafone E160X on 2820

Legal wrote:

joelang1699 wrote: I have a Vodafone K3565 which I believe is rebagged E160. Ive tried various firmwares from 2009 with no joy however with the foolowing settings i do get a "no response from server" message.

SIM PIN code

Any ideas?

I was provided with the following which work fine with the E160X - might be worth a try (also randomly you sometimes need to reboot the router after plugging in the stick, but not always!):-

APN:pp.internet
ATDT*99#
web
web

Got it mate thanks!

More
04 Sep 2009 18:41 #22 by alan.hancock
Replied by alan.hancock on topic LAN-LAN VPN expecations over Vodafone PAYG 3G
Just to share my experience with LAN-LAN VPN tunnels (i have several draytek-enabled sites with permanent VPN tunnels in hub and spoke arrangement). It turns out that the PAYG 3G service from Vodafone will put your router behind a natted 10.x.x.x dynamic IP address once youare connected over 3G. This will be enough to get you internet plus DNS. But Draytek tech support have confirmed that any LAN-LAN VPN tunnels defined for IPsec will NOT work across a PPP 3G connection. So, put another way, YOUR IPSEC-based VPN TUNNELS will not come up over 3G. I have not bothered re-defining my LAN-LAN VPN tunnels to use PPTP to see if that works, because 3G is only a 5-days per year solution for me (ie when my cable service fails).

Moderators: Sami