DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Allow Exceptions to Web Filtering using URL Filtering

More
22 Jun 2009 14:28 #25 by resolveitsolutions
Replied by resolveitsolutions on topic Allow Exceptions to Web Filtering using URL Filtering
Guys I'm having trouble grasping this. Can you assist?

Say I wanted to block 'personals & dating' but wanted to allow Bebo, how can I do this?

The firewall filters are at default, the general firewall is using the 'Ashdell' web filtering profile and that part is working fine. If I tick the URL Content Filtering box and assign it a profile everything gets blocked!

I have created a keyword object called 'Bebo' and the content of the object is also 'bebo'.

The URL filtering profile is linked to the Bebo object but I'm not sure which settings I'm supposed to use. I've used a few combinations but all to no avail. Bebo is still stopped by the web filtering.

Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2009 14:42 #26 by rolandrat

ResolveITSolutions wrote: Guys I'm having trouble grasping this. Can you assist?

Say I wanted to block 'personals & dating' but wanted to allow Bebo, how can I do this?

The firewall filters are at default, the general firewall is using the 'Ashdell' web filtering profile and that part is working fine. If I tick the URL Content Filtering box and assign it a profile everything gets blocked!

I have created a keyword object called 'Bebo' and the content of the object is also 'bebo'.

The URL filtering profile is linked to the Bebo object but I'm not sure which settings I'm supposed to use. I've used a few combinations but all to no avail. Bebo is still stopped by the web filtering.

Can anyone help?

Are you on 3.3.2 RC5, as my solution in my post above relies on this firmware as they have moved the white/black list to the webfilter screen.

More
22 Jun 2009 15:05 #27 by resolveitsolutions
Replied by resolveitsolutions on topic Allow Exceptions to Web Filtering using URL Filtering
Sorry about that, yes I updated to follow your instructions but it only gives you one whitelist/blacklist. If I want to allow some sites and block others it doesn't work.
Why can't it just be simple? I'm sure a list of words with the choice of allow or block for each word can't be that difficult to code!

More
22 Jun 2009 15:11 #28 by rolandrat

ResolveITSolutions wrote: Sorry about that, yes I updated to follow your instructions but it only gives you one whitelist/blacklist. If I want to allow some sites and block others it doesn't work.
Why can't it just be simple? I'm sure a list of words with the choice of allow or block for each word can't be that difficult to code!

I wish this board had Private messages so we could email or indeed phone each other, as I'm sure with a long chat we could get a better understanding what each other is on about. :lol:

More
22 Jun 2009 16:23 #29 by resolveitsolutions
-snip-

More
22 Jun 2009 18:03 #30 by rolandrat
You can delete/amend that post now if you wish, ive got your email address.

Moderators: Sami