DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Be Unlimited Internet 24meg and 2820n

More
24 Feb 2010 19:04 #13 by winber
Replied by winber on topic Be Unlimited Internet 24meg and 2820n
Thanks Voodle, just tried ADSL2+ Annex M again and it didn't work.

My next step will be to upgrade the firmware, then finally to ring support. I just read on another board that somebody had to ring support to get Annex M enabled for O2 Pro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2010 22:08 #14 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic Be Unlimited Internet 24meg and 2820n

winber wrote: Thanks Voodle, just tried ADSL2+ Annex M again and it didn't work.

My next step will be to upgrade the firmware, then finally to ring support. I just read on another board that somebody had to ring support to get Annex M enabled for O2 Pro.

Annex M will boost your uploads speed - but likely drop your download speed a touch.

Dan

More
05 Mar 2010 23:18 #15 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic Be Unlimited Internet 24meg and 2820n
Just a note on this -

My Be* connection dropped out this evening and I rang through to support who couldn't explain why my router wouldn't sync. After a bit of head scratching I worked out that my profile had been set back to G DMT. So when I called back Be* support to ask for it to be reset to ADSL2+ - (which they did straight away) and they found out that I was running with a Draytek rather than the Be* Box - they changed the settings at the exchange to Service Profile 20. This is optimised for non Be Box routers.

The upshot of this change was for me to get an additional 2 Mbps downstream and better attenuation figures.

Dan

More
07 Mar 2010 13:06 #16 by winber
Replied by winber on topic Be Unlimited Internet 24meg and 2820n
Thanks dannyboy, I tried calling O2 support re Service Profile 20 but the line dropped out, maybe Sunday isn't a good day to contact them...

The good news is that when I upgraded firmware from 3.2.1 to 3.3.3 I was able to connect to Annex M.

So my connection changed from 16.9 down and 1.1 up to 15.5 down and 2.1 up. I'm just over 1km from the exchange. Compared to the approx 8 down and 0.5 up I was getting with Tiscali, this is much better. And the ping times are better too :)

Moderators: Sami