Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

iPhone 4 on WAN3?

• psykix
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 07:58 #7 by psykix
Replied by psykix on topic Re: iPhone 4 on WAN3?
I had confirmation from Draytek that iPhone is no longer supported.

I wanted it because my internet connection is very poor (1.6Mbps). Anyway, I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered another ADSL line from another provider, and hopefully that will work on WAN2 in load balanced mode to give me a bit better speed.. Kids all watch Youtube & performance is dreadful on 1.6Mbps!

The sim can go back to 3!

Cheers for the input all :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 11:31 #8 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: iPhone 4 on WAN3?
hi sorry for the low speeds ... just to clarify ... having 2 lines the draytek will not give you better speed ... but with the load balance can separate them so can use one line the kids and one for the others ... The isp will supply you a modem so you can use it direct for them so you don't need to have draytek

Draytek will not bond the line ... the only positive if you connect both lines together (not bonded) , it will have one control to wi-fi, load balance, web filter etc

• psykix
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 12:11 #9 by psykix
I'm a bit confused with your reply!

Auto weight load balancing should give me 2 x 1.6Mbps connections combined... (minus the load balancing overhead)

I presume one device cannot utilise both WAN1 and WAN2 at the same time, so the maximum available to any one device would be 1.6Mbps?

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 15:30 #10 by babis3g
Sorry my English are not so good...

Yes auto load balance will give you 2 by 1.6 mb ... sure it can do very good and has many policies to set with this feature (never tried myself)
So 1.6 mb at each line yes... but not 3.2 mb at once ... no problem so far

If you mean Total speed of 3.2mb ... then you probably mean line bonding to double your speed

I may be outdated of informations about it but as far i know is not supported with draytek (if i am wrong someone can correct me please) ...
If line bonding is what you looking for ... i would say to open a ticket and make sure with them it can do it ... and Please let me know if can do it for my knowledge
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html
or
just pop an email (will not need serial number and date of purchase)
info@draytek.co.uk
Or
Please wait if someone more experienced have done it ... i am interesting

• psykix
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 15:33 #11 by psykix
I've now ordered a Billion router to replace the Draytek so that I can tweak SNR..

Will play around with both, and then keep one and sell the other...

2 toys to play with!

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2013 15:43 #12 by babis3g
ok thanks let us know .. i'm interesting about this kind of tests :wink:

You can try for the draytek (models 2710,2830,2850) modem codes 2471201 as first choice , 244001, 2431301 ... them should give slightly little more speed (my guess should reach 2mb)

When you done it with your time, compared with the billion please state speeds, which draytek model have you got and if is BT line ... Thanks