DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Globalview WCF subscription Pricing

More
08 Apr 2015 09:37 #13 by moggsie
Replied by moggsie on topic Re: Globalview WCF subscription Rip Off!!
Not that many people do read a manual from cover to cover.

But if they did read this one, they would see that the screen-shots do not match up with the reality.

It's not that clear which parts of the CSM-WCF is in-built ( ie. does not depend on an external provider ) and which does require a license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2015 09:43 #14 by moggsie
Replied by moggsie on topic Re: Globalview WCF subscription Rip Off!!
...and what is GlobalView anyway ???

that's not mentioned in the manual either.

More
03 Dec 2015 09:31 #15 by aj_1608
Replied by aj_1608 on topic Re: Globalview WCF subscription Rip Off!!
I've just purchased a WCF-A (Globalview) license for my 2860ac but when I go to try and activate it I only seem to get an option for Cyren and not Commtouch as per Draytek documentation - are these one in the same?

• and235100
  • User
  • User
More
04 Dec 2015 12:08 #16 by and235100
Replied by and235100 on topic Re: Globalview WCF subscription Rip Off!!
Add to the above that the myvigor portal is super-slow and the English "translations" are awful - for a supposedly "Global" product this leaves a lot to be desired... especially for something that costs so much for 1 year and cannot be transferred - even between (more or less) identical router models - i.e. 2925n and 2925ac...

Couldn't be much worse to be honest - but if another manufacturer provided the same easy-to-configure VPN functionality and price - I would jump to them in a heartbeat...

[edit]
A couple of things not "in the manual":
1) Disable auto logout on the router before attempting APPE or WCF activation.
2) Change the web management port back to the default of 80 before attempting APPE or WCF activation.

Process is much smoother after making these changes.
Still slow - but usable.
[/edit]

More
06 Dec 2015 19:20 #17 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Re: Globalview WCF subscription Rip Off!!

AJ_1608 wrote: I've just purchased a WCF-A (Globalview) license for my 2860ac but when I go to try and activate it I only seem to get an option for Cyren and not Commtouch as per Draytek documentation - are these one in the same?

Yes. New name is Cyren, I have no idea why, but it works exactly the same as when it was commtouch.