• mhann.gsy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Sep 2015 20:56 #13 by mhann.gsy
Replied by mhann.gsy on topic Re: 2860n+ - Connection dropout
Hi knightvision

I never did manage to solve this, but the issue has resolved itself?!!

Do you have a Harmony Remote hub? Or something else by Logitech accessing your router? I thought it was this that was causing the issue and I know at some point around the time of the problem resolution there was a firmware update, so it is highly likely that this resolved it.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• knightvision
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
15 Sep 2015 21:17 #14 by knightvision
Replied by knightvision on topic Re: 2860n+ - Connection dropout
That's unfortunate. At least you have a self healing router! I have quite a lot of AV automation equipment connected, but not logitec.

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it can take multiple restarts to get it stable.

Maybe draytek support will get round to analysing the log data and figure out what it is....?

• mhann.gsy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Sep 2015 21:27 #15 by mhann.gsy
Replied by mhann.gsy on topic Re: 2860n+ - Connection dropout
I will have a look through my notes when I find them to make sure that I didn't do anything that may have fixed it. I did play around a little bit so there is every possibility.

The only things I have connected AV wise (at the time anyway) is a PS4, Logitech Harmony Remote Hub, Amazon Fire TV and a self built Kodi HTPC. I did have some issues with the Kodi pc losing all ability to connect via ethernet, but I think that was a driver issue which I could only resolve through re-installing Openelec.

Do you have a slingbox (I came across this as being an issue with another version of Draytek router as causing an issue) as they have the same internals as a Logitech Harmony Remote?

The only other equipment I had attaching at a similar sort of time could have been HTC mobile phones or my wifes HP laptop. However, based on the log, I narrowed it down to the Fire TV or the Logitech Remote but from memory it turned out to be the logitech equipment.