DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 Low Sync Speed

• highpriest
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2016 20:55 #19 by highpriest
Replied by highpriest on topic Re: Vigor 130 Low Sync Speed

AdrianH54 wrote: Have you flashed the latest firmware?

The early firmware had issues with disconnections like that and caused the DLM to react.

I installed the latest available firmware (3.7.4BT) before plugging it into my line. My local cab is a Huawei 288.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
31 May 2016 05:51 #20 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 Low Sync Speed
I see there is another update, last time I looked it was still 3.7.3_m4 ( ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor130/Firmware/v3.7.8.3/ [m4 is the UK spec])

3.7.3_m4 is stable on my line. I have to friends using the same unit on Hauwei cabinets without any issues.

I'll try the update and see if it is stable for me here.

• highpriest
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2016 00:06 #21 by highpriest

AdrianH54 wrote: I see there is another update, last time I looked it was still 3.7.3_m4 ( ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor130/Firmware/v3.7.8.3/ [m4 is the UK spec])

I did notice that (there is an even newer v3.7.9 available), but wasn't sure if that was suitable for UK spec models of the 130. Is there any documentation for the different versions of the firmware?

3.7.3_m4 is stable on my line. I have to friends using the same unit on Hauwei cabinets without any issues.

I'll try the update and see if it is stable for me here.

Thanks, appreciate it.

• astaluk
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jun 2016 20:19 #22 by astaluk
Replied by astaluk on topic Re: Vigor 130 Low Sync Speed
I'm running 3.7.4BT on my 130 with a Huawei cab been perfectly stable since I installed it which must be well over 6 months ago now. My sync speeds where slightly faster than the BT OR (ECI) modem. When I installed the G.INP firmware a day or two later I got an increase in speed of a few MB's when G.INP was recognised and kicked in.

Each time I've updated the firmware I've always used the RST version, and just because I'm paranoid I've always done a reset on the modem as well.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2016 06:27 #23 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 Low Sync Speed
The factory reset is I think the key.

There are threads here from last year where people had low speed and stability issues.

I had problems when I first received the modem with the 130 dropping connection all the time and speed was erratic. As others found updating to the then latest firmware appeared to make things worse.

For a time I went back to the ECI modem, I then gave the 130 a last try. I did a full factory reset, flashed the latest firmware with the .rst file, another full reset and reconnected.

The 130 has been completely stable ever since. It appears that the firmware or memory were not clearing properly, I know others found their problems were cured when they followed that reset pattern.

I have had the latest UK 3.7.4BT for a few days now and it is so far flawless. I have asked the 2 people I know that have 130's on Huawei cabinets and they are on 3.7.4BT without any issues.

• highpriest
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2016 16:29 #24 by highpriest
AdrianH54, AStalUK - thanks for taking the time to respond.

I did use the .rst file to flash the firmware to 3.7.4BT. Although, I didn't do the additional step to reset the device to factory defaults. Disabled DHCP as an additional step, and that was it.

I'm waiting for DLM to reset my IP profile back to the full speed so I don't want to plug the device back in. That could take another week. Currently running the HH5B.

I know it's a bit anecdotal but a lot of people have recommended that I stick with a modem that uses a Broadcom chipset if my local cab is a Broadcom based Huawei (which it is).

AStalUK - I hear you. But have you compared the 130's sync rate with a different modem that has a Broadcom chipset?

Thanks