DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Slower speeds with 2860n

More
24 Dec 2016 10:10 #7 by clivers
Replied by clivers on topic Re: Slower speeds with 2860n
can anyone confirm that the 2960n+ is actually capable of delivering modern fibre speeds? The spec shows Firewall: Up to 300Mb/s max.

With regard to the fail over the default is set to ARP. You need to change that to ping an external address
Set ping detect to 8.8.8.8 - i have set this for every 60 seconds with a retry 10 times then it shuts down the connection until it detects again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wdesousa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jan 2017 19:17 #8 by wdesousa
Replied by wdesousa on topic Re: Slower speeds with 2860n
Thanks Clivers thats helpful regarding the failover.

Draytek support have been responsive but my last speed test through the 2860 was 67 mb - thats against 180mb through the Virgin Media superhub.

tbh I'm somewhat miffed as I had a perfectly good 2830 but upgraded to the 2860 for the VDSL and 'fast fibre speeds' - it does seem from my experience that essentially the 2860 is not fit for purpose.

can anyone confirm that they are getting fast fibre speeds through the 2860 - over 100 mb would be a start!!

cheers all...

• markfromworksop
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jul 2017 19:32 #9 by markfromworksop
Replied by markfromworksop on topic Re: Slower speeds with 2860n
Can any one confirm that using the 2860, you are not experiencing any speed loss issues with Virgin Media

Using the 2860 I am getting 180 down and with the super hub 3 I am getting 212 down.

The only concern I am have is the Hardware Acceleration.

According to telnet:

%PPA LAN entries 0
%PPA WAN entries 0

I was expecting to see values greater than 0

Mark

More
22 Jul 2017 12:22 #10 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: Slower speeds with 2860n
I'm using a 2860n with Virgin Media and getting 220 down and 12 up, paying for 200/10 so not complaining.
Using new firmware version 3.8.4.6 VT3 but not tried any others as this is the one for my modem code.
Not using internal Wi-Fi but got an AP910 and AP902 to cover an old house and they are both hard wired and all measurements are on 5g, and speed confirmed by both iPhone7 and a LapTop using W10 using various speed test programs.
Hardware Acceleration is set for disabled but not convinced it disabled as the same page shows it as enabled and changing the settings makes no difference on the page display.

Neil..

More
24 Jul 2017 18:06 #11 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Slower speeds with 2860n
Can also depend on how you're measuring it.... Multiple streams may perform better than a single one. Also, maybe MTU needs adjusting.
(as well as DoS defence turned off etc.)

Forum Administrator

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jul 2017 22:14 #12 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Slower speeds with 2860n
I suffer a little with this on my Windows laptops, however when I run an iDevice through a HT80 5Ghz external wifi, I do get full speed. I wonder if the firewall is recognising Microsoft and expecting packets, however the speeds vary due to if the laptop has been rebooted or not, and I do run VMware, and Oracle on another, and after using these, slows these down. I do notice task manager loading up as well when running Ookla, which will slow things down, but did an upgrade for iTunes earlier on one, and that appeared to download 47 meg in a couple of seconds. It can be misconceiving.

Also, where are you and how far are the servers you are speedtesting, as this can sometimes randomly change?!