Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Critical Firmware Release

• ian lewis
  • User
  • User
More
01 Feb 2017 14:48 #25 by ian lewis
Replied by ian lewis on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release 3.8.4.3BT
I applied this to our 2860 and the result was general loss of internet speed and complete failure for most secure sites - banking for example....

We have reverted to a much earlier firmware and it all works again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
01 Feb 2017 21:35 #26 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release

admin wrote: Well, I don't know what the bug is (and probably best not to say here) but is it actually a security risk that can't be mitigated? I'm surprised they'd tell you to downgrade otherwise.

There are certainly features you can turn off that get rid of the problem and that is what I've done. But the advice I received from Draytek, is that which I quoted in my earlier message, namely: "Downgrade to 3.8.2.3"

I have heard nothing further from them - other than an automated message, saying they were closing the case! I of course protested at this, but their email system bounced my message back at me (550:invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record).

(I subsequently received the same bulletin as everyone else, telling me to Upgrade - but as I said before, the firmware in that list (3.8.4.3) does NOT fix the problem.)

I have no idea if they are actually working on a fix or not.

More
02 Feb 2017 13:40 #27 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
Well, I'm not sure how you re-open a case, but you could always open a new one and reference the previous and and just ask if it's been reported for fix if it's a confirmed bug.... but I'd still upgrade and disable the feature, or secure it or whatever is needed.

Forum Administrator

• raddersred
  • User
  • User
More
03 Feb 2017 09:38 #28 by raddersred
Replied by raddersred on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
I attempted to upgrade to Firmware v2860_3843_BT yesterday and spent the whole day firefighting.
The main issue being the extremely slow loading of website pages, or pages not loading at all. Lots of unhappy users.
I ended up reverting to the previous version and all is back to normal. Very annoying. Draytek need to sort this.

More
03 Feb 2017 10:01 #29 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release

RaddersRed wrote: The main issue being the extremely slow loading of website pages, or pages not loading at all.

Turn OFF hardware acceleration...

Forum Administrator

More
06 Feb 2017 09:47 #30 by ssmithy
Replied by ssmithy on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
Turning off hardware acceleration seemed to work for me.