Critical Firmware Release

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2017 09:15 #7 by qwaz01
Replied by qwaz01 on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
I wonder if this was the bug that was patched?

[url]Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sjltech.uk
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2017 12:15 #8 by sjltech.uk
Replied by sjltech.uk on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
That's an interesting post - I'm sure that there are a couple of other posts on the forum that mention a "mysterious" port showing as open with a port scan despite remote management being turned off (can't remember the port or the posts I'm afraid - age you know :| )

More
12 Jan 2017 12:41 #9 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
People claiming there's a mysterious port open or backdoor are often wrong, but don't bother coming back to explain.
That Twitter user didn't give any detail (quite rightly I think... if there was a problem, best to tell DrayTek, not the hackers/public!)
so I've no idea if it was a real issue or mistaken.

Forum Administrator

More
13 Jan 2017 17:09 #10 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release

aweaton wrote: So I bit the bullet and upgraded anyway as the upgrade is deemed critical.

Feedback so far:
- Upgrade was carried out no issue
- large overnight traffic (>40GB) over router based VPN successful. Completed 2 hours before the following issue occurred.
- this morning between 5:31am and 7:03am the router repeatedly lost WAN1 (VDSL2) connection every 3 minutes. Could be coincidental but appeared to be resolved after a hard reboot.

I will keep an eye on this.

So I've had the firmware on for a week now. Seems to be stable with the exception of WAN1 (VDSL2) stability. I am sporadically seeing WAN1 disconnect and reconnect. When this does occur there will be multiple diconnects in a period of an hour or so. WAN1 is monitored using a ping detect (setup in WAN >> Internet Access) to ping Google DNS and Open DNS. Not had this issue on previous firmware version. I will continue to monitor this.

sjltech.uk wrote: That's an interesting post - I'm sure that there are a couple of other posts on the forum that mention a "mysterious" port showing as open with a port scan despite remote management being turned off (can't remember the port or the posts I'm afraid - age you know :| )

I regularly port scan my router using GRC Shields Up. If a port was open it would have to be an obscure port >1024

More
14 Jan 2017 12:36 #11 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
More reboots last night which have resulted in the cabinet applying DLM to my line :evil:
Have increased ping interval on WAN detect.

More
14 Jan 2017 16:44 #12 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Critical Firmware Release
My 2860 with 3.8.4.2BT is set on ARP detect on WAN1 (Zen vdsl, mode vdsl2 only). Been up for 553 hours since I installed this firmware version.