Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Accessing ISP modem GUI via Draytek Vigor 28xx

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Sep 2017 01:28 #13 by hornbyp

slime wrote: I'm trying to do similar with a Vigor 130 on Wan2 of my 2860Vac.

I just came across this, on DRAYTEK.COM :-

https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-connectivity/connectivity.wan/how-to-access-vigor130-in-bridge-mode/

I have to admit I don't fully understand how it works, but it looks promising :!:

UPDATE 13/8/20.

The original URL no longer works - but the WayBack Machine has it
here

The official new home of the article seems to be: https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5212 . (I've added that URL to the WayBack Machine too!) :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2017 17:23 #14 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Accessing ISP modem GUI via Draytek Vigor 28xx
Have you tried that hornbyp? The 130 interface doesn't look like the UK version to me, but I may be wrong. I'd like to know if you have tried it before I attempt it....

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Sep 2017 22:17 #15 by hornbyp
No, I haven't (I don't own a Vigor 130!)

I thought the concept might be generally applicable though. (Personally, I want to see if it's applicable to my remaining problem (Vigor2830 and Zyxel VMG1312) - but to be honest, I'd forgotten all about it!)

More
01 Oct 2017 09:52 #16 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Accessing ISP modem GUI via Draytek Vigor 28xx
OK thanks. One puzzle about those instructions is that there doesn't appear to be anywhere where they put in the ISP username and password, unless it's still in the router PPPoE setup for the WAN and they've forgotten to mention it.

More
01 Oct 2017 11:12 #17 by piste basher
Well I've taken the plunge and it works! With my 2925 and 130 - but as I note above they neglect to mention that you need to leave the WAN1 (in my case) on the router as PPPoE with your ISP login untouched.

At last I can access the 130 without having to disconnect it from the router. Thanks for the heads up :D

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Oct 2017 00:54 #18 by hornbyp
:( It turns out that I can't use this method on the 2830, because WAN2 cannot be selected as the target of a PVC; it seems to be hard-coded as "ADSL", for some reason.