Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 speed drop off

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
07 Nov 2017 14:01 #13 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 speed drop off

apotts wrote: I have "unlimited fibre extra" which is 80/20. No cap at 10!

I have had a faulty line (crackling) for 9 months. It was finally fixed 3 months ago - so I am familiar with all the usual tests (it's still connected to the test socket - I only have the one socket in the house). The line now is clear and perfect. I imagine G.INP was selected when the line was barely audible.

I really need the line to be reset, but there appears to be no mechanism to do so.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Upload-Speed/td-p/1477442

I would check what you actually get rather than what they may have said you will get, their forums are full of complaints about this subject.

G.INP will run until the DSLAM reports show sufficient periods of stability , then DLM will reset the line.

Sometimes you can get a reaction by unplugging the modem for 30-60 minutes and restarting .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2017 10:51 #14 by apotts
Replied by apotts on topic Re: Vigor 130 speed drop off
As an update to this... It took 4 months to increase the speed from 44 to 49. This is still well short of what it should be, so I guess I'll have to wait another 4 months for the next speed increase.

What a duff system.

More
12 Dec 2017 13:56 #15 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 130 speed drop off
Abolutely - I have seen a lot of line drops recently (which I suspect may be something to do with BT/OR bolting that new green box onto the side of the existing cabinet but of course I have no evidence of this) which have resulted in my DS speed dropping from 30Mbs to 27Mbs and now to 25Mbs over the past couple of weeks. My ISP say that my line has been "rebanded" as a result of the drops and maybe, if it now remains stable for long enough, the DLM system might increase the speed again. In my experience however that has never happened no matter how long the line has remained stable and I am not hopeful that it will now.

So as a result of something BT/OR do my service level is reduced and I have no means of recourse or compensation whilst still paying the same? Imagine if EDF unilaterally decided to "reband" my mains supply to 150V?