2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Feb 2018 14:33 #1 by bookit
2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem was created by bookit
I have a 2860ac running 3.8.6_BT. On my LAN I have two Netgear Wi-Fi APs, a Synology NAS acting as a DNLA server and Sky Q main plus two Sky Q mini (all connected by Cat6 no Sky Wi-Fi) plus TVs, Amps Blu-rays acting as DNLA devices. Via Netgear APs I can access Sky Q from iPad and Android tablets and Windows 10 Laptop can access DNLA servers. However, if I connect using the 2860’s Wi-Fi there is no access to Sky Q or any DNLA devices.

Using WireShark I’ve found there is no SSDP multicast traffic from or to nodes connected to the 2860s Wi-Fi. I’ve tried disabling IGMP Snooping which makes no difference. Any suggestions much appreciated !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
06 Feb 2018 16:20 #2 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: 2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem
Have you got any isolations enabled?

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Feb 2018 19:09 #3 by bookit
Replied by bookit on topic Re: 2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem
No, no isolation. Done more tests since my post. Wired and Wi-Fi nodes can see each other fine . Multicast works across Wired and Wi-Fi through router apart from SSDP. I’ve reported to Draytek who suggested I enable UPNP on router, I’ve done this temporally and I can see SSDP NOTIFY from router on wired and Wi-Fi but M_SEARCH from node on Wi-Fi isn’t propagated to wired and vice versa.

• oakserver
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2018 16:59 #4 by oakserver
Replied by oakserver on topic Re: 2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem
I'm interesting in knowing the outcome of this.

Recently had Sky Q installed and have random problems connecting my tablets using the Sky Q app.

Had to use ethernet cable rather than wireless to get the Sky Q mini box connected to the Main. Any other connection options wouldn't work.

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Mar 2018 10:17 #5 by bookit
Only response from DrayTek was try activating UPNP on 2860ac which did not fix problem, I've heard nothing from them since since 15/2/2018.

I have one main Sky Q box and two minis. I don't have any Sky Wi-Fi enabled and have BT Infinity 2.

Originally I had Main Sky Q and one mini on wired LAN and a mini on Wi-Fi via Netgear AP, that worked but was unreliable. After first Sky Q update Wi-Fi to mini stopped working altogether. I changed that mini to use Sky Q power-line (I have no other power-line in the house) and that has been rock solid.

I have two iPads and a Samsung tablet with Sky Q app that work fine via Netgear APs but nothing works over DrayTek Wi-Fi because of SSDP problem described in my earlier post.

Sky Q was flaky when installed last year, I actually did most of the installation while Sky engineer watched, he did not believe wired LAN would work and did not understand hybrid LNB for FreeSat etc. After a couple of software updates the system has improved significantly and I only have to reboot main box once a month, minis never have a problem.

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Mar 2018 15:57 #6 by bookit
Yesterday DrayTek asked me to try Firmware Version 3.8.7_RC3_BT, unfortunately does not solve SSDP multicast problem.