2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2018 12:33 #13 by bookit
Replied by bookit on topic Re: 2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem
I'm very disappointed with lack of response from DrayTek on this issue. Been thinking about major upgrade to home LAN and Wi-Fi for some time (managed switches and ceiling APs) and might have gone all DrayTek. However, have this week started implementing another vendor solution and DrayTek Wi-Fi is now turned off. At least now I don't have family moaning about Sky Q now working on tablets!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2018 12:42 #14 by gsb1
Replied by gsb1 on topic Re: 2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem
Since I have reported the firmware didn't work, I have been asked to create a new SSID (also didn't work) and now await the next response.

The wifi isn't great on the 2860ac full stop. I am considering to upgrade to a 2862ac or just go with some alternative APs.

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jun 2018 14:45 #15 by bookit
I no longer use DrayTek Wi-Fi but I’ve just done a very quick test 5Ghz only and it appears fixed in 3.8.9.1.

More
17 Jun 2018 18:45 #16 by gsb1

BookIT wrote: I no longer use DrayTek Wi-Fi but I’ve just done a very quick test 5Ghz only and it appears fixed in 3.8.9.1.

I upgraded earlier. Worked after the update, but then now not again.

Nothing in the release notes suggesting this fixed either.

Worth a try though.

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jun 2018 11:34 #17 by bookit
Even though not in 3.8.9.1 release note DrayTek UK support asked me to test. They've now come back saying I'm the only person to report this and they've closed ticket, I guess they've never actually investigated the problem.

More
18 Jun 2018 11:38 #18 by gsb1

BookIT wrote: Even though not in 3.8.9.1 release note DrayTek UK support asked me to test. They've now come back saying I'm the only person to report this and they've closed ticket, I guess they've never actually investigated the problem.

They seemed to think suggesting I use 2.4Ghz WiFi only was a suitable resolution. I gave up at that point as we got the stage they knew the area of the issue but had no intention of fixing.

The WiFi on the 2860ac is poor enough I have other APs even in a modest medium size home so I just rely on those.