DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862n can't access to https://forum.draytek.co.uk - why?

• dottedquad
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2018 16:31 #19 by dottedquad

akwe-xavante wrote:
A seriously silly suggestion and I’m sure you have tried already, when you change over the routers do you switch off the PoE device too?

Sometimes the silliest of things can make a huge difference. Not expecting it to make a difference.

No, but have just tried that, and the 2862n still fails to load https://forum.draytek.co.uk

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• prushmere
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jun 2018 16:40 #20 by prushmere
Those Ubiquiti APs use the 5Ghz band, interference from the Draytek maybe?

When my system was installed, the tech. guy logged into the dish and he could actually see my internal SSID being picked up by it - they're directional, but not *that* directional!

• dottedquad
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2018 16:51 #21 by dottedquad

prushmere wrote: Those Ubiquiti APs use the 5Ghz band, interference from the Draytek maybe?

When my system was installed, the tech. guy logged into the dish and he could actually see my internal SSID being picked up by it - they're directional, but not *that* directional!

Both my vigor routers (2820n and 2862n) use the 2400MHz band for WiFi in my home. So I wouldn't expect the Ubiquiti AP to affect them - and certainly not just the 2862.

Martin

• dottedquad
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2018 16:55 #22 by dottedquad
Another update: I find that the 2862n can display https://forum.draytek.co.uk when WAN2 (via County Broadband) is off, and failover to WAN3 (a USB Huawei dongle using three's network) takes over!

I think my brain just exploded!

Martin

• dottedquad
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2018 17:03 #23 by dottedquad

prushmere wrote: Those Ubiquiti APs use the 5Ghz band, interference from the Draytek maybe?

Both the 2820n and the 2862n use the 2400MHz band for my home WiFi. So it's unlikely that the Ubiquiti AP would interfere with them - and only with the 2862n for one web site!

• prushmere
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jun 2018 17:08 #24 by prushmere

dottedquad wrote: Both my vigor routers (2820n and 2862n) use the 2400MHz band for WiFi in my home. So I wouldn't expect the Ubiquiti AP to affect them - and certainly not just the 2862.

Martin

Hmm... Always worth asking though. :wink:

I see there's a new FW for the 2862n on the .com site - maybe worth waiting to see what happens when the release arrives on the UK site, there seem to be a whole bunch of improvements and fixes in the release notes. I have no idea if any of them are relevant to your problem though.