DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

draytek 3900 firmware 1.4 crashing with vpn

• craigthompson
  • User
  • User
More
06 Sep 2018 13:16 #13 by craigthompson
Replied by craigthompson on topic Re: draytek 3900 firmware 1.4 crashing with vpn
Once we received the issue with 1.4 I rolled back to the previous release and all has been well since, I haven't attempted to upgrade again and I likely won't until I've seen more reviews or we switch the router out for something else (Likely swapping it out as I've very jarred from this experience)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2018 11:24 #14 by g6ifs
Now that 1.4.1 has been released to the com site, has anyone tried it yet and confirmed that the crashing and re-booting issues have been solved and no other issues have appeared?

• craigthompson
  • User
  • User
More
24 Sep 2018 11:26 #15 by craigthompson
Replied by craigthompson on topic Re: draytek 3900 firmware 1.4 crashing with vpn
I had 1.4.1 on a 2960 and it caused issues (Similar to original issue I had above, reboots drop outs etc) so rolled them back, can't say I've looked at 1.4.1 for the 3900 but I can't say I'll be upgrading until I've given it a month or two.

• wga
  • User
  • User
More
08 Oct 2018 09:54 #16 by wga
After Draytek posted the 1.4.1 firmware on their UK website, we have updated our 3900 over the weekend. Will report back if we continue to see random reboots.

Interestingly, the release notes for the 1.4.1 firmware on the .com site state:

"Corrected: Data Flow Monitor might cause Vigor router reboot randomly."

Whereas the release notes for the 1.4.1 firmware on the UK website simply state:

"18. Improved stability of the Data Flow Monitor function."

We do normally have the Data Flow monitor running so it's possible that's the cause of our reboot issues.

• craigthompson
  • User
  • User
More
08 Oct 2018 10:01 #17 by craigthompson

WGA wrote: After Draytek posted the 1.4.1 firmware on their UK website, we have updated our 3900 over the weekend. Will report back if we continue to see random reboots.

Interestingly, the release notes for the 1.4.1 firmware on the .com site state:

"Corrected: Data Flow Monitor might cause Vigor router reboot randomly."

Whereas the release notes for the 1.4.1 firmware on the UK website simply state:

"18. Improved stability of the Data Flow Monitor function."

Thanks for that, braver than me but I'd be interested to know how you get on

• arikadiusz
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2019 20:41 #18 by arikadiusz
Replied by arikadiusz on topic Re: draytek 3900 firmware 1.4 crashing with vpn
I have 2960 with 1.4.1 firmware. PPTP works but nothing else. Pretty much broken if you ask me ! I am chasing our supplier to demand swap for 2860 which works with PPTP and L2TP for me.