DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 - 3.8.9.1_BT firmware upgrade breaks IPv6 +others?

• markus.schloesser
More
16 Jul 2018 02:59 #13 by markus.schloesser
Replied by markus.schloesser on topic Re: 2862 - 3.8.9.1_BT firmware upgrade breaks IPv6?
July Android Patch did not resolve the issue. So while I was checking everything IPv6 related I noticed that the DHCPv6 server was on and issuing addresses ("Auto IP range" was enabled as well). As I know that I never enabled it (I rely on SLAAC stateless), I disabled it again, clicked on advanced, browsed around, and coming back it was enabled again. wtf? ;)
Having it disabled once and for all, my IPv6 problems MOSTLY seem to be solved. HOWEVER yesterday for a whole night the complete LAN was without IPv6, fixed itself this morning. Something's definitely broken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tighterthan
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jul 2018 21:22 #14 by tighterthan
Replied by tighterthan on topic Re: 2862 - 3.8.9.1_BT firmware upgrade breaks IPv6?
I found that the router didn't seem to follow the firewall rules. Try running a online port scanner such as this one http://www.ipv6scanner.com/ . The issue was strange I couldn't put my finger on it. Filter sets >1 seemed to have an impact. Just when I though specifying specific hosts rather than "any" fixed it, something else would break.

Some IPv4 services were also broke as others have pointed out. I tried recreating config from scratch, but issues would crop back up. Spent way too much time with the inbound connection down. Ended up downgrading back to 3.8.8.2_BT, restored config backup and all is working again.

I keep checking for a revised 3.8.9.2_BT firmware.... nothing yet. Am missing those country filter rules

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jul 2018 08:16 #15 by hopkins35
Have you guys reported your problems to Draytek through their support channels bearing in mind that they don't officially read this forum? The reason I ask is that I reported my problems over 3 weeks ago and they've kept very quiet about what they've found/not found and obviously the more people who report it, the greater chance they might fix it

• tighterthan
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2018 22:34 #16 by tighterthan
Replied by tighterthan on topic Re: 2862 - 3.8.9.1_BT firmware upgrade breaks IPv6?
Just reported... Trouble is I've downgraded back to a working firmware version and thus cant replicate the issue, nor can I explain what the issue is. i've done my best to describe what appears to be a "funky firewall issue"

I'd like to think support are working on these issues already, but then I'd also expected them to have pulled the "funky" 3.8.9.1_BT firmware from the downloads page............... ?

They were pretty good when i pointed out the missing country filter rules.

lets see how this goes.. Will post update if I get response

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jul 2018 08:16 #17 by hopkins35

TighterThan wrote: Just reported... Trouble is I've downgraded back to a working firmware version and thus cant replicate the issue, nor can I explain what the issue is. i've done my best to describe what appears to be a "funky firewall issue"

I'd like to think support are working on these issues already, but then I'd also expected them to have pulled the "funky" 3.8.9.1_BT firmware from the downloads page............... ?

They were pretty good when i pointed out the missing country filter rules.

lets see how this goes.. Will post update if I get response

Got an email from them yesterday to say that it's been in the queue and that they're just starting to test it. I've upgraded and downgraded the firmware 3 times now and each time the problems come back straight away. Support gave me the option of them loading it on a router in the lab or me having re-upgrade again and them to test remotely which I politely declined because it breaks my RDP Gateway which I use most days while away from home, I did say I'd upgrade again as a last resort if they can't replicate the problem

• simmondp
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jul 2018 16:13 #18 by simmondp
Look like 3.8.9.1 has some major issues;

Here is my entry for the 2860ac
https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22466

Raised ticket, fed logs back to DrayTek as requested - nothing