DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 - 3.8.9.1_BT firmware upgrade breaks IPv6 +others?

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
23 Jan 2019 11:37 #31 by hopkins35

andrewepugh wrote: Any problems with this 3.8.8.2 version?

3.8.8.2 worked fine for me, I had no reason to upgrade other than to keep up-to-date, I would have stayed on that version if I hadn't lost all faith in Draytek to fix the problems, knowing that there would probabaly be a security related reason to update to one of the buggy versions at some point!

andrewepugh wrote: Is it ok to downgrade to 3.8.8.2 from 3.8.9.3 without resetting as getting onsite to all the shops is problematic?

Can't speak for 3.8.9.3 but I downgraded from 3.8.9.1 and .2 to 3.8.8.2 on nearly 10 occasions with no problems

andrewepugh wrote: Are the problems I am experiencing with 3.8.9.3 known to you guys or should 3.8.9.3 be working perfectly?

Nothing in the release notes suggests that they've fixed the problems I was having which I strongly suspect were NAT related

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andrewepugh
  • User
  • User
More
23 Jan 2019 13:22 #32 by andrewepugh
Thank you for your reply, that's very helpful.

Interestingly enough after downgrading to my previous FW then upgrading back to 3.8.9.3 so far all the issues 'appear' resolved without changing any settings all I did was reflash back up to 3.8.9.3, reimport the config file I had for 3.8.9.3 (which had the issues first time around) and alls working... so even weirder. The 2nd router upgraded with exactly the same 3.8.9.3 file is not exhibiting the same problems... maybe it was just a problem with the first flash to 3.8.9.3? ...doesn't fill me with confidence either way as you can imagine. Time will tell though whether these 2 routers now running 3.8.9.3 remain stable.

• andrewepugh
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2019 11:18 #33 by andrewepugh
Plot thickens, returned the working 2860 with 3.8.9.3 back to the shops location and connected it up and same issues again. It was fine on my VDSL and WAN2 interface at my office but as soon as it got back to the shop with ADSL connection problems arose again.

Note I have BT Fibre the shop has a third party ADSL connection retailing via a Talktalk reseller... whether that has anything to do with it i don't know. Downgraded back to 3.8.8_BT and working fine.