DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 - 3.8.9.1_BT firmware upgrade breaks IPv6 +others?

More
13 Aug 2018 13:29 #25 by x64
This is getting more confusing as time goes on. A poster in another topic says IPv6 support not fixed in 3.8.9.2_BT. A user in tis topis says it is. Elsewhere they also hint that rebuilding from scratch fixes a f/w rule issue. I’m not sure that I have the energy to do that again!

For me, the new firmware seemed to fix an outbound IP address issue for NAT loopback, but multiple other issues (incl f/w issues remain)

Note that the release notes state a known issue with firewall and static routes. Maybe the issue is wider....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• garethrees
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jan 2019 08:01 #26 by garethrees

hopkins35 wrote: I would just reiterate the need to report these issues to Draytek support directly, they've sat on my ticket for god knows how long and just come back to tell me that they can't recreate the problem and asked "does it make a difference if I change the HTTPS management port?". I'm loathe to flash the firmware for what will be the 5th time to change the management port which will then stop my SSL vpn working as well as all the other problems this firmware causes :x

Did you get any response from Support, I'm now using 3.8.9.3 on a 2925 and believe I have the same IPV6 issue with a 10 sec delay fallback to IPV4 and IPV6 is no longer working at all in my tests but that could be because of the new ISP Router (need to swap and test)

• admin2
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
08 Jan 2019 11:24 #27 by admin2

garethrees wrote:
Did you get any response from Support, I'm now using 3.8.9.3 on a 2925 and believe I have the same IPV6 issue with a 10 sec delay fallback to IPV4 and IPV6 is no longer working at all in my tests but that could be because of the new ISP Router (need to swap and test)

Please raise a query with support so that they can assist you.
https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery

• garethrees
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jan 2019 21:49 #28 by garethrees

admin2 wrote:

garethrees wrote:

Please raise a query with support so that they can assist you.
https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery

Done - Thanks

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2019 15:58 #29 by hopkins35

garethrees wrote: Did you get any response from Support

Nope, I sold it and am now using a Firebrick

• andrewepugh
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2019 18:56 #30 by andrewepugh
We have just upgraded to 3.8.9.3 and wish I had found this thread first what a friggin nightmare!

12 x 2860 Routers upgraded just before we roll out Samsung Tablets to all our shops.... now we find in our test shop critical systems have all failed (lucky its before the rollout to the other 11)

I have downgraded it back to 3.8.4.5 and all is fine.
I am hoping upgrading to 3.8.8.2 will be stable but seeing as we never used that version prior I'm asking for your advice.

Our simple setup.
Wireless Access Point (Netgear or Tenda) connected on LAN6 (VLAN'd for isolation)
Teamviewer quick connect broken on every Android based tablet (won't connect to generate TeamViewer ID)
Trailapp.com (critical business resource) broken on every android tablet (cannot display page) resetting the cache in Chrome worked once but not again. Installed Firefox worked once but now refuses to connect.

The above items appear to work fine on any IOS device (not tested extensively) but both my iPhone and iPad generate TeamViewer IDs and can access the website...

I know you've all mentioned problems with 3.8.9.1 and 2 but I take it 3.8.9.3 is also shoddy as hell or am I experiencing a new phenomena?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Any problems with this 3.8.8.2 version?
Is it ok to downgrade to 3.8.8.2 from 3.8.9.3 without resetting as getting onsite to all the shops is problematic?
Are the problems I am experiencing with 3.8.9.3 known to you guys or should 3.8.9.3 be working perfectly?