Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860ac - Connecting & activating 2nd ADSL to WAN2 problem

• nrb501
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jan 2019 18:12 #13 by nrb501
Sorry for the late reply - been busy with work

The DSL light flashing in the v120 (either fast or slow) indicates the modem has not synced to the line - see the user guide on the UK support site. It sounds as though the modem , cable or filter is faulty. Does the BT modem still work on the line? (just to make sure you don't have a line fault). Unfortunately until you get the modem to sync you will get no further.

For BT ADSL connections you need to use PPPoA and VPI=0 VCI=38, make sure the "PPoE passthrough for wired LAN" box is ticked.
Username and password details are entered in the WAN2 settings on the 2860 as my previous post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjsdavis
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2019 23:22 #14 by rjsdavis

nrb501 wrote: Sorry for the late reply - been busy with work

The DSL light flashing in the v120 (either fast or slow) indicates the modem has not synced to the line - see the user guide on the UK support site. It sounds as though the modem , cable or filter is faulty. Does the BT modem still work on the line? (just to make sure you don't have a line fault). Unfortunately until you get the modem to sync you will get no further.

For BT ADSL connections you need to use PPPoA and VPI=0 VCI=38, make sure the "PPoE passthrough for wired LAN" box is ticked.
Username and password details are entered in the WAN2 settings on the 2860 as my previous post.

Thanks nrb - as per my previous post, I'm going to get hold of a standard modem/router and test the line first to make sure that this isn't the problem...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.